• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

They don't like my moody B+W photos?

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble understanding what's happening. They've been rejected some of my photos due to unspecified quality issues, leaving me uncertain about the exact problems.

It appears that the criteria for determining quality are subjective and lack clear definition. Could the rejections be a result of an abundance of similar subject matter already present on Stock? Or, it is because my photos are moody, and they don't like moody photos? These are photos, not AI generated images. 

To facilitate a discussion and gain insights, I have attached a few of these rejected photos for my colleagues to review. I'm hopeful that your expertise and perspectives can help shed light on this matter.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting to black and white can be done at the customer side, so that's listed as one of the donts in the instructions. But looking into the first image, I also suspect the asset to be underexposed, which is also not allowed. 

Your second also exposes sensor spots: IMG_1451.jpeg, besides not having much in focus.

Your third also exposes artefacts due to overprocessing: IMG_1452.jpeg

Post the pictures on social media, and you will get manny likes. They are not usable for commercial applications, except if you submit near flawless colour pictures.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and follow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your moody black and white images are quite nice; but Adobe's guidelines specifically preclude submitting B&W. Reading all of the help pages will improve your chances of success in Adobe Stock.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock no acepta fotos. que le hayan manipulado los colores, en este caso está en blanco y negro, la imagen debe estar en su color original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about liking a photo or not, but rather determining the commercial usefulness of a photo.  Some of my favorite photos make for terrible commercial assets and vice versa.

Aside from having them accepted, I have a few in my portfolio and they just don't sell.  In fact, b&w images perform poorly on all of the stock platforms I submit to.

Good luck with your future submissions!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality guidelines are clearly defined. 

Requirements for contributing photos and illustrations to Adobe Stock

For instance, here is stated "Do not convert to black and white".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my previous post on June 29, I've experienced a parade of rejections without a single acceptance (all of my photos, they have not attached any AI generated creations). In an effort to stay with 50 waiting images allowed at any given time, I bid farewell to some of my AI stuff, and opted to upload my own photos.

While I understand the importance of guidelines and rules for stock photo acceptance, it's perplexing how they manage to find time to reject my photo submissions but not a moment to accept them. Is there a preliminary AI scan followed by a second, possibly human, team for approval?

If anyone is familiar with their mysterious process, I would greatly appreciate some insight. Thank you kindly, fellow curious minds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is certain of Adobe's internal processes, about which they are secretive. It is the common understanding that human Moderators, as confirmed many times by Adobe employees, are used for all reviews. It takes just as long to accept as to reject an image. If you would like to receive feedback from community members as to the reasons for rejection, upload 2-3 images here at full size.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock customers expect commercial-ready assets for use in pro-level projects.  Nothing less will do. 

Compare your work with current Stock inventory to ensure yours is better than what Stock has. Also don't submit assets that are already overly represented like pets, plants, flowers, trees & sunsets.  Submit only your very best work and try to find unique subjects that nobody else has thought of.  Diversity is key to reaching a wider global customer base.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I understand the importance of guidelines and rules for stock photo acceptance, it's perplexing how they manage to find time to reject my photo submissions but not a moment to accept them. Is there a preliminary AI scan followed by a second, possibly human, team for approval?

By @jia1674

Why should there be a preliminary AI scan? If the pictures are of the same quality as the ones posted above, they are clearly to be rejected. You need to check your assets correctly. And @Jill_C is wrong: it is faster to reject an asset, as an asset gets rejected at the first error seen. An asset that gets accepted went through multiple vetting situations and may even been checked by different moderators. To be accepted, an asset needs to be flawless, to be rejected, it is enough to have one flaw in the picture. Most rejected assets that we see here have multiple flaws. However, the moderation process of a single asset, even if accepted, is probably very fast.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines