Copied

dji_fly_20230408_190806_225_1681070734069_aeb-HDR.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023
  • That big blown out blob in the middle makes it unusable for commercial print purposes. 
  • Lens flare near the water line.
  • White balance isn't neutral. Too many warm tones, not enough cool tones.
  • Missing highlights in the foreground.
  • Noise, probably due to low light conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• That big blown out blob in the middle makes it unusable for commercial print purposes. 
  • Lens flare near the water line.
  • White balance isn't neutral. Too many warm tones, not enough cool tones.
  • Missing highlights in the foreground.
  • Noise, probably due to low light conditions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but I whole hearted disagree! The big blown out blob will be in every image you take against the sun and high cloudy haze! Many other images for sale have lens flare! Of course the white balance isn;t neautral! Do you really think the world was that orange Saturday? Why on Earth would you have highlights in the foreground when the center of focus is the shadows from the bridge and the sun. ISO was 100.

But ok, you obviously don't think this image is worth 25 cents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunsets are also very over-represented in the Adobe Stock database already, so perhaps any flaws will cause a quick rejection. If you query the database for "sunset" you'll get 12 million hits; and of those, after looking at the first half dozen pages, I see very few with a large blownout area at the horizon. Many photographers wait until the sun has sunk just below the horizon, which avoids the problem.
From this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

"Also, note that common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock, so if you submit content for these categories, make sure they’re unique."

Additionally, the version you've uploaded here is so low resolution that it cannot be adequately inspected by zooming in, which is what the Moderators always do. It just looks very pixelated.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I didn't take the picture, you did.
  • I didn't point my camera directly at the sun on a hazy day without appropriate filters, you did.
  • I didn't receive rejection for Quality Issues, you did. 

Do you want to fix the problems and re-submit it or curse the community that's giving you feedback on what to look for?   The ball's in your court now.

Whatever you decide, best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Peter293774373soh ,

Unfortunately, with all due respect,  the sun in this case is a problem, even if it wasn't for stock, the overexposed sun does not make a good photo. Not from a photographic point of view. It can be avoided. It is possible to take a sunset picture and not have the sun overexposed!

So, based on this, it would be a reason for rejection! Overexposed sun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a beautiful sunset image, and I'm sure it's a great memory of the time you spent there. It would earn many "likes" on your social media feeds. I agree with @Nancy OShea about the blownout blob in the center of the image. It draws all attention away from the rest of the image and renders it unsuitable for commercial applications.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines