• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIP: How to Clean your Camera Sensor

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you see spots and other artifacts on images, it's often caused by dust or smudges on your camera's optics.  Gently clean your lenses & filters with a professional cleaning kit when necessary.  Basic cleaning kits with a manual air blower, soft lens brush, solution and wipes can be purchased at minimal cost from Amazon, etc...   I do not recommend using compressed gas (air in a can). The propellant can damage sensitive equipment.

If you still see spots on images, you may need to clean the camera sensor.  This YouTube video explains how to do it yourself safely.

NancyOShea_0-1632348254226.gif

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having to remove the same sensor spot from my images for well over a year, I finally worked up the courage to clean the sensor myself with a kit purchased on Amazon. It was no big deal, and now I do it before I go on a big trip and take thousands of pictures !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I clean mine also. Be careful to buy a kit where the swab is the right size for the sensor. Also do not use to much of the solution otherwise you leave wet spots on the sensor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines