• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two photographs rejected.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to have a specific reason why a photo has been rejected so it can be corrected, put aside or noted for future submissions. Ive had two photographs rejected and I dont know why. Both are equally as good as other images ive submitted if not better. I fully expect there will be rejections and my feelings arent hurt but upon reviewing the photographs, making sure that they met technical requirements and generally being pretty happy with the final images. Its either a mistake or a technicality im not aware of. Is it safe to share images to the adobe community for a second opinion? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Yes, it's safe. Bear in mind though, that this is a user-to-user forum, and that we have no say in acceptance or rejection.

Post your image here and contributors can give their opinion. There are a few of us ACPs who can give good advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

You have on both pictures noticeable noise. The "nails" picture is also not sharp enough (extract  at 100%).

Abambo_0-1619254855898.png

Also, the "shell" picture is missing those fine details that are necessary for stock use (extract at 200%, the noise is eating the details).

Abambo_1-1619254947652.png

You really need to look at your pictures at 100% and/or 200% to see defects that disqualify the asset for stock use.

ISO 800 is a lot for this type of camera, you should go as low as possible with ISO to get less noise. Use a tripod to get a st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's safe. Bear in mind though, that this is a user-to-user forum, and that we have no say in acceptance or rejection.

Post your image here and contributors can give their opinion. There are a few of us ACPs who can give good advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @ricky336! These are the two photos in question that were rejected for one or more technical reasons. I since went over them to make sure they were ok but they were again rejected. Would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have on both pictures noticeable noise. The "nails" picture is also not sharp enough (extract  at 100%).

Abambo_0-1619254855898.png

Also, the "shell" picture is missing those fine details that are necessary for stock use (extract at 200%, the noise is eating the details).

Abambo_1-1619254947652.png

You really need to look at your pictures at 100% and/or 200% to see defects that disqualify the asset for stock use.

ISO 800 is a lot for this type of camera, you should go as low as possible with ISO to get less noise. Use a tripod to get a stable camera, use the f that gives you the best possible sharpness for your lens (each lens has a sweet point). Get the exposure time correct for the situation.

Apart from the tripod and the ISO recommendation, you can, of course, adjust your camera as you see best. However, the result must be as free of defects as possible after processing.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Abambo, thats fair enough. These are old photos and I was still getting to grips with DSLR camera and experimenting with ISO settings, zoom etc. I wasnt sure to what degree images were scrutinized but I will definitely learn from this. I like to think I have a better understanding now. These will do for social media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock receives thousands of images weekly.  Reviewers don't have time to give detailed feedback about each one they reject except in broad categories like technical issues, intellectual property, model releases, unfit/unusable or spam.   See links below for details.

Technical perfection is expected of course but choosing the right subject is also important. Sometimes it's helpful to compare your work with other contributions in the same keyword category.  And then put yourself in the customer's shoes and ask yourself if you would buy this image instead of what's already represented in Stock.

Rusty Nail

Seashell

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You @Nancy OShea, help is always appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines