• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading the same image as a AI/SVG and PNG format

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on some vector artworks to upload to Adobe Stock. I have studied how other contributors upload similar content and found out that they upload both the vector file and a separate PNG file. The first one goes to the vector section, and the second one to the illustration section. I did the same, and I’ve got sales of both vector files and PNG files.

But now I feel that it might not be right to upload both the vector file and the same file as a PNG. Though I think that not all customers would search for a vector file and download it as a PNG if they need a PNG file. They just limit their search by using the illustration filter.

I have read the whole contributor's guide, and I suppose Adobe may consider it as spamming. Please, give me advice on what the best practice is in this case.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Probably the rule for this is that all files should be uploaded together in a zip folder. If you have uploaded the same file separately. It is illegal. You should quickly delete the file. I suggest you as far as I know. Although there are many more experienced contributors here than me. You can follow their suggestions. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Hi @NatalieVT ,

I upload vector files only. Adobe makes it available in JPG, PNG, EPS and Vector. Therefore, it is not necessary for you to submit your vector files in multiple file formats. Besides, as you have correctly concluded, it could be perceived and spamming.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the rule for this is that all files should be uploaded together in a zip folder. If you have uploaded the same file separately. It is illegal. You should quickly delete the file. I suggest you as far as I know. Although there are many more experienced contributors here than me. You can follow their suggestions. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the rule for this is that all files should be uploaded together in a zip folder.

By @Shahid4420

There is no need any more for this. Indeed, Adobe ignores the included preview image and generates one on its own. And if the asset does not contain a background, Adobe generates both, a JPEG and a PNG file.

@Shahid4420 wrote:

If you have uploaded the same file separately. It is illegal. You should quickly delete the file.

That's correct.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Abambo, Sir
Thanks for your kind information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NatalieVT ,

I upload vector files only. Adobe makes it available in JPG, PNG, EPS and Vector. Therefore, it is not necessary for you to submit your vector files in multiple file formats. Besides, as you have correctly concluded, it could be perceived and spamming.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Jacquelin!

I still believe that Adobe is missing an opportunity for additional sales. I've compiled a small sales statistics report for my files. Both AI and PNG files were uploaded and approved at the same time with similar relevant titles and keywords. The AI files were sold 12 times, while the PNG files were sold 7 times. This indicates that uploading files to different categories results in an additional 36% increase in sales for both Adobe and the contributor.

I have spoken with some designers who frequently use Adobe Stock to download artworks, and they all confirmed my theory: users don't browse the vector category if they need a PNG artwork; instead, they use the illustration category. The designers I spoke with also clarified that professionals use both vector and illustration categories to search for assets, but ordinary users limit their search to the illustration category because they are unaware that AI/EPS/SVG files can be downloaded as PNG and JPG files too. Additionally, they mentioned that ordinary users prefer downloading PNG files from the illustration section because the size of the PNG image is clearly displayed, which is not the case for PNG format of vector files.
Despite my thoughts and statistics, I have deleted my PNG versions of the artworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my calculation was incorrect. It is not an additional 36% in sales, but an additional 58%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upload vector files only. Adobe makes it available in JPG, PNG, EPS and Vector.

By @jacquelingphoto2017

EPS is a vector file format, as is Adobe Illustrator and SVG. Adobe uses the vector file you upload as a source to generate JPG and PNG file formats.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines