• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video clips rejected for technical reasons - advice please!

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I’ve had a few video clips rejected for technical reasons.  I’ve prepared a reel  of 3 clips, shortened to 5 seconds each, just as examples  https://youtu.be/DgQsTOQzVqc

I’m quite new to video, and  guess I've more enthusiasm than skill at this stage, so if anyone can offer advice on where I’ve gone wrong I’d be very grateful.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Look for grain or artefacts. The clock gives me the impression of having chromatic aberration. The cow could also get an IP violation because of the earmark. That needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for grain or artefacts. The clock gives me the impression of having chromatic aberration. The cow could also get an IP violation because of the earmark. That needs to be removed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and send a reply.

I think I can see what you mean about  chromatic aberration in the clock clip, I’m starting to suspect that I might have caused the problem by too much post processing.

To be honest I didn’t light the subject well,  the original footage was quite dark and low on detail. I tried to correct that by raising the exposure and brightness, lowering shadows to the max and lowering the highlights – perhaps I went too far and caused more problems than I solved. I’ll try filming it again with more light and see it that helps.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines