Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is wrong with these pictures?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!!

Can someone help me identify what is wrong with these pictures and what should I do to fix it to have these pictures accepted?

Thank you in advance!!

Fabio Bruzzese

IMG_1305.jpgIMG_1463.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Hi @Fabio Bruzzese ,

You seem to over process both images, thus introducing artifacts. Color fringing is also included on the first image.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1622773309734.png

The blur of the second image's background is distracting. It is also too busy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1622773341468.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

In addition to earlier comments, both appear over-saturated. In the first image, there are lens spots (or perhaps sensor dust) in the sky. Always zoom in and inspect the sky closely - spots can be lurking anywhere! The second image of cactus blooms could have been a winner if you had worked the composition a bit more - try shooting from different angles with different backgrounds to find the most pleasing comp. It's hard to fix inadequate composition in post !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Hi @Fabio Bruzzese.

These images look oddly synthetic, not natural. 

As a Stock customer, I want natural looking colors and subjects.  If my project calls for enhancements with adjustment layers & filters, I prefer to do that myself.

Keep working at it.  Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Let's be frank: those pictures can't be fixed because of the compositing errors you made:

First picture:

If the weed is your main subject, go down and shoot more of the weed. If you want the iconic bridge in the background, make sure that some of it is in the picture.

Second picture:

If the cactus blossom is your main subject, get more of that in your picture. The background will be a nice decoration, but it should not dominate the picture.

Abambo_0-1622930012519.png

Now lets look at your first picture and what a pot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fabio Bruzzese ,

You seem to over process both images, thus introducing artifacts. Color fringing is also included on the first image.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1622773309734.png

The blur of the second image's background is distracting. It is also too busy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1622773341468.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jacquelingphoto2017 ,

Thank you so much for youe feedback. I aprreciate your insights. I looking at your tips, I can see how bad both pictures got. I have to work in better compositions and when editing, give it a better natural looking not so saturated and so sharp.

I am so glad of being part of this community and be able to learn so much from all of you!!

Thanks,

Fabio Bruzzese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Fabio Bruzzese 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are especially many traces of processing in the sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to earlier comments, both appear over-saturated. In the first image, there are lens spots (or perhaps sensor dust) in the sky. Always zoom in and inspect the sky closely - spots can be lurking anywhere! The second image of cactus blooms could have been a winner if you had worked the composition a bit more - try shooting from different angles with different backgrounds to find the most pleasing comp. It's hard to fix inadequate composition in post !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jill_C

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will work on the SF picture again and make it more natural and not so much saturated.

Have a good weekend,

Fabio Bruzzese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fabio Bruzzese.

These images look oddly synthetic, not natural. 

As a Stock customer, I want natural looking colors and subjects.  If my project calls for enhancements with adjustment layers & filters, I prefer to do that myself.

Keep working at it.  Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nancy OShea,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will work on make this picture look more natural.

Have a great weekend!

Fabio Bruzzese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be frank: those pictures can't be fixed because of the compositing errors you made:

First picture:

If the weed is your main subject, go down and shoot more of the weed. If you want the iconic bridge in the background, make sure that some of it is in the picture.

Second picture:

If the cactus blossom is your main subject, get more of that in your picture. The background will be a nice decoration, but it should not dominate the picture.

Abambo_0-1622930012519.png

Now lets look at your first picture and what a potential buyer will get, when he looks at the picture at 100% magnification:

Abambo_1-1622930094159.png

Abambo_2-1622930116451.png

You see many artefacts introduced by over sharpening instead of clean and sharp weed and a lens blurred background. The buyer would return the asset immediately, regardless of his use.

Your second picture exposes some defects that are introduced by "smart" in camera processing to produce that nice blurred background that you get with the expensive DSLR or the mirrorless camera. However, that processing makes mistakes that should get your attention when examining your pictures at 100% or 200%.

Abambo_3-1622930529690.png

Those pictures may be great for private viewing at reduced size, but you can't sell this to paying customers.

I suppose that you are using a phone camera. Phone camera pictures may be accepted, but only if they meet the quality requirements applied to all submissions. In camera processing does not help as this processing is mostly done to get your pictures good-looking on your phone screen at a reduced size.  You need to avoid this aggressive and destructive processing. Best would be trying to get raw files (some cameras produce them) and let Lightroom (even on the camera) process the pictures. You will have much more leverage to do that with a serious program like Lr. But please note that defects that are too strong can't be corrected, even if you are a wizard...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abambo,

Thank you so much for your advice about composition.

I will work on over your advices. I shooted the SF bridge with a 90D. I think I did shoot the cactus with a iphone 11 Pro. 

About editing, I will work on the next compsitions and keep it more natural looking. I over worked on those pictures. It is always good to listen to people like you to improve it!!

Thanks again,

Have a grwat day!

Fabio Bruzzese

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 90D produces better results as this (just to say).  Shoot raw with the lowest ISO possible, if possible with a tripod and manual exposure. The results will be great. You will have margins to edit, but you need to check those margins. At 100% and 200% magnification you will be able to see artefacts. If you see artefacts, the picture is not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously the focus there should be on the bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is a year old. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is a year old. 😕

By @Nancy OShea

@Nancy OShea,

Correct, I remembered this post immediately. But did you see that expanding the images works on this one?

@еugeny,

Anything that is old and solved does not need to be refreshed like this. Even that I appreciate your comment, I think that all has been said. 😄 The OP has probably moved on by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteBut did you see that expanding the images works on this one?

By @Abambo

===========

Yes.  Something is wrong with embedding images.  Hopefully the forum techs will fix it with Monday's forum update.

Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines