• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why the 100 downloads rule before you can submit illustrative editorial?

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to submit more photos to Adobe Stock, but their peculiar rule that you have to have at least 100 downloads before you are permitted to submit illustrative editorial content is holding me back. I could submit loads more content to Adobe if this rule wasn’t in place.

Its curious that none of Adobe’s competitors have the same rule. You can submit IE with all of the major names straight away. I have reached out to Adobe on Twitter on a number of occasions, but never got a response. Perhaps Adobe don’t know the answer either…?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

If you have a strong, existing portfolio of Illustrative Editorical images, you can send a link or links for review. In some cases, we are able to bypass the requirement. Please send your portfolio to contributor-support@adobe.com and someone will get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is pure speculation. Adobe are certainly not going to share their business strategy with anyone who asks). I imagine it is because people view editorial as a way of ignoring IP and model release rules. Adobe don't accept general editorial. Illustrative Editorial is a very specific craft working with brands, and not a general escape. I imagine Adobe find that new contributors who have not yet learned the rules will often misunderstand this and just flood with their pictures of high streets and cars and iPhones. Adobe's aim is always to reduce their costs, and their largest cost is surely moderation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name you are probably not that far away from the motivation. Just to say, 100 downloads is a hurdle, but it's reachable in a short amount of time if you have a well cured portfolio. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a strong, existing portfolio of Illustrative Editorical images, you can send a link or links for review. In some cases, we are able to bypass the requirement. Please send your portfolio to contributor-support@adobe.com and someone will get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mat - will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines