• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wondering why these photos were rejected because of technical issues... advice would be outstanding

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have pictures on a few stock sites and adobe.. I have sold pictures on a few sites too. These 5 pictures were rejected  by adobe, but they accepted by other sites ? I am by absolutely no way a professional  photographer, but it is hobby of mine for a few years.

I realize that the pictures are darker than normal,(that was the effect I was going for)P1000386.jpgP1000387.jpgP1000391.jpgP1000275 edited.jpgP1000383 edited.jpg

I dabble/play around with lightroom and photoshop all my  pictures are shot in raw and eddited post flow.. any constructive critiquing and  advice would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps editing is the main problem. This stock does not like this. Although all photographs have technical problems, there are no perfect images. Your pictures are ready-made illustrations and leave no room for further editing. Sorry. I myself often find myself in the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all B&W is not desired. Photos 1,2,3 and 5 are not sharp enough. Photos 1,2, 3  and 5 have overexposed highlights (the sky) and underexposed shadows. Photo5 the horizon is not level. Photo 5 has artifacts in the sky and a halo above the mountain and arround the branches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the time you took replying, also for the time you took to critique my pictures.. I really appreciate it..maybe ill edit them again using your advice and try resubmitting them. I just found it odd that 3 other major stock sites accepted them..

Thank you,

Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found it odd that 3 other major stock sites accepted them..

By @Cwicklund

As a buyer, I would complain. The other stock companies either don't do serious vetting or their standards are very low.

Just looking at this image, I see chromatic aberration and noise:

Abambo_0-1630064544511.png

I would also say that there is a white balance issue and that the composition of this one is bad.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines