• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I upload photos every day? How is your experience?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

Have you had the experience if it is good to upload 3 or 4 photos every day? Or is it better to upload 10 photos once a week? 

How do you usually do it and how do you get most sales? 

I have now around 1200 photos on my account, and I upload some photos every day since around 6 months. Got around 35 sales by now. 

Thanks in advance for your opinions and experiences! 

Ayla Harbich

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

You might have slight boost for visibility for few hours(?) when you just uploaded the image. That's based on the fact that customers can search recent images. So if you wanna get that "boost", you should maybe try to upload all your images in a time when you believe most of the customers are searching.

But in the end, we sadly don't have much control over it, because it's the Adobe staff who is going to review and approve the images based on their own timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Here's what I do: I am constantly reviewing my LR catalog (160K+ images) for potentially saleable images and when I find/edit some I move them to the Adobe Stock Publish Service. Then every few weeks or so I "Publish" those to Adobe Stock. They sit there in my "Uploaded Files/New" section. Every day or so I pick ~6 to add keywords and titles, then publish those. In 24-48 hours, they've been reviewed and accepted or rejected. If there are any rejects, I note that as a keyword in my LR catalog (I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have slight boost for visibility for few hours(?) when you just uploaded the image. That's based on the fact that customers can search recent images. So if you wanna get that "boost", you should maybe try to upload all your images in a time when you believe most of the customers are searching.

But in the end, we sadly don't have much control over it, because it's the Adobe staff who is going to review and approve the images based on their own timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what I do: I am constantly reviewing my LR catalog (160K+ images) for potentially saleable images and when I find/edit some I move them to the Adobe Stock Publish Service. Then every few weeks or so I "Publish" those to Adobe Stock. They sit there in my "Uploaded Files/New" section. Every day or so I pick ~6 to add keywords and titles, then publish those. In 24-48 hours, they've been reviewed and accepted or rejected. If there are any rejects, I note that as a keyword in my LR catalog (I use the keyword ASR for Adobe Stock Reject) so that I don't accidentally resubmit the same image. I look carefully at the rejected image again and decide whether it can be re-edited and re-submitted. If so, I move it to PS, where it gets a new image name and then save it back to LR. In this slow and steady manner, I'm releasing a steady trickle of images, learning what will pass the quality hurdle, and gradually building my portfolio without spending an extraordinary amount of time. Hope this helps.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines