Tons of rejections due to Technical Issues! Why?

Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a bunch pf photos rejected due to technical issues.  What is a Technical Issue?  It seems like Macros with SDOF were the hardest hit.  Is adobe mistaking blurry background as artifacts?  Here are some samples.  Due to time constraints and low bandwidth I am not up loading full quality photos, so please remember that the photos here are compressed when critiquing.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMGP1555.jpgIMG_2747.jpg

Well, Nature Guy, no matter what you say or how you form your investigation into the information given here on the forum, you will just have to abide by the rules Adobe teaches us and please use the guidelines that Adobe written for you new to Adobe Stock. Take time to learn what will sell and what will not and leave this forum for those who have an authentic question for us.

Our opinions are just that. You may not like them or think they are appropriate to you but that is how this goes.

Here is all the information you will need to improve and get your photos accepted in Adobe Stock.  Once you know the guidelines well and use them you will still need to look at each photograph you submit at 100 - 200 % magnification and correct the things that do not comply with stock requirements. So no tricks and no long stories about your photographs, just do the work, submit the photos and see how you can improve. Have fun. Regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tons of rejections due to Technical Issues! Why?

Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a bunch pf photos rejected due to technical issues.  What is a Technical Issue?  It seems like Macros with SDOF were the hardest hit.  Is adobe mistaking blurry background as artifacts?  Here are some samples.  Due to time constraints and low bandwidth I am not up loading full quality photos, so please remember that the photos here are compressed when critiquing.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMGP1555.jpgIMG_2747.jpg

Well, Nature Guy, no matter what you say or how you form your investigation into the information given here on the forum, you will just have to abide by the rules Adobe teaches us and please use the guidelines that Adobe written for you new to Adobe Stock. Take time to learn what will sell and what will not and leave this forum for those who have an authentic question for us.

Our opinions are just that. You may not like them or think they are appropriate to you but that is how this goes.

Here is all the information you will need to improve and get your photos accepted in Adobe Stock.  Once you know the guidelines well and use them you will still need to look at each photograph you submit at 100 - 200 % magnification and correct the things that do not comply with stock requirements. So no tricks and no long stories about your photographs, just do the work, submit the photos and see how you can improve. Have fun. Regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello The Nature Guy, Each of the pictures posted has something wrong with it. If you look at these at about 200% enlargement you will see that they all lack excellent cropping and focus. The first one, the poppy. has some troubling things especially at the lower foreground. Yes, the background is a bit of a distraction - so you could fully blur it into a color and take out the bottom stuff. The middle one is without a WOW! factor and it too is poorly presented with many out of focus areas. The last one of the grass and lavender flower has the flower center and surrounding out of focus. Do not send your work before looking it at high magnification and studying the guidelines suggested here below this note. Composition, quality, focus, and exposure must be wonderful. Take a look at the accepted Adobe Stock and match it or better it or don't send it. Best regards, JH

To learn more about the reasons why we decline certain images, including technical issues, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did a 200% crop on a compressed photo, even after I specifically warned you about that  Hummm.....?  Sometimes I wonder whether I am writing English.  Shallow depth of field means that some of the image will not be in focus, in fact most of it.  It is perfectly normal, and what most people desire.  P&S cameras with tiny sensors produce images where everything are in focus.  Guess, I will ditch my DSLR and start using my P&S for Adobe stock. LOL!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Hi, The Nature Guy, I did not do any cropping -I did carefully look at the work as is and with my trained eyes I saw all the reasons you will get rejections no matter what  Compressed photos or not the problems will exist. The white Poppy comes closest to the quality of work Adobe wants but look for yourself. Read the guidelines and study other photos like yours already submitted to Adobe. Best wishes and kind regards, JH : = )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 1
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Technical issues means :

Technical issues 

When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically.

Photography and video technical issues include but aren’t limited to

White balance: The white balance may be too warm or too cool.

Note:

When you shoot in raw formats, you have great flexibility to adjust the white balance in your post-processing workflows.

Contrast: There may be too much or not enough contrast.

Saturation: Oversaturation may give your file an unnatural look, but under-saturated or spot color can also result in technical decline.

Note:

You may want to try the Vibrance slider instead of Saturation in Lightroom.

Selections: Editing must be done inconspicuously. Selecting objects out of their backgrounds (or masking) to composite into new images requires time, patience, and care. Do not submit images that have been poorly selected or look like they are not a natural part of the scene.

Chromatic aberration: Refers to color fringing around objects in the image.

General composition: Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much? Consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects.

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

In your 1st image - I think how you framed your picture could be a problem. You haven't left a lot of room at the bottom. I think it's cropped a bit too closely. I think you also could tweak the white balance a bit. Decrease the temp just a bit (-4) and decrease the tint slider to more green (-7) Just a very minor difference. It will help to make the petals more white:

IMG_0345white balance.jpg

The image is cropped too much.

I think with the others it's more about composition and yes, the other two pictures do have a focus problem. When you are doing macro shots with SDOF, you have to be very careful with focus and aperture. Because at such focal lengths the SDOF will affect areas that you actually want in focus, but are not due to SDOF.

So with these shots, I think the composition is the main issue and then focus problems (which is another category).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 2
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nature Guy. These images is not what we normally would regard as SDOF. Look here:

17 Beautiful Images with Shallow Depth of Field

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 2
duns123 LATEST
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you have picked out some of the best SDOF photoson adobe. This can be very intimitating for new contributors 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at down sampled images is difficult, but for technical issues it's ok. I can't see neither over/under saturated or a bad white balance.

Bad cropping is surely for the middle image the case. It could also be for the first one.

I do not know what the moderator thought, but the last one has definitively a focus problem, even on the small image.

The small images are also kind of over sharpened. Without seeing the originally submitted pictures an appreciation on this is difficult.

Even if you correct some of the faults -- the one that may be corrected --, you risk a refusal for lack of commercial appeal.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 2