• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe repeatedly does not refund its unauthorised withdrawals from my bank account

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am posting here as I am repeatedly getting nowhere with Adobe 'Customer Support'. I repeat here my last communication with them.

Re: Adobe Case ADB-12042342-H7D7 and ADB-12413718-P9K1

I am writing to complain in the most extreme terms possible about the contining series of obfuscation, misinformation and, it would seem, downright lies from Adobe and its various agents in my pursuit of this case. It was drawn to my attention by my bookkeeper last month that Adobe has been withdrawing £19.99 from my company bank account from 5 August 2019 until 4 March 2020 – a total of £159.92, as the monthly charge for an Adobe Stock account.

This is despite the fact that I cancelled my month’s free trial within the allowed period. My free trial began on 2 July and was cancelled on 31 July. I was sent a Cancellation confirmation email of this by Adobe and therefore no withdrawals should have been made by Adobe whatsoever.

In pursuing a refund I sent to Customer Support a screengrab of my account page detailing my original order for the month’s free trial, Order ADB066451554UK, which specifically gives a total of £0.00 and states that ‘You don’t have a billing history for this item’. That is, it says I have not been billed, despite the fact I was billed £19.99 every month for eight months.

I also sent a copy of the Cancellation confirmation email from Adobe, sent on 31 July at approx 17.39 BST. The subject line reads: ‘Your subscription will end on 31-July-2019 (PT)’ and the message repeats that. I forwarded this email back to Adobe Customer Support as evidence of the unauthorised withdrawals by Adobe.

From 23 March to 9 April, every communication I have had with Adobe ‘Customer Support’ agents has come back with a different excuse/story:

28 March: ‘It is not confirmed that you have received the cancellation confirmation email of the Adobe Stock plan from your account on 31 July 2019 from the screen shot that you have sent.'

I re-sent the cancellation confirmation email back to Adobe. It was not a screen shot. The screen shot was of my account page (as above).

31 March: ‘As per your request. We can refund the amount charged for last 5 months for the Adobe Stock subscription. Shall we proceed further and initiate the refund?’

The period was 8 months – simple arithmetic – and I still await my refund.

2 April: ‘The refund is processed’. I still await payment of my refund on 22 April.

There have also been suggestions by various of your agents that have suggested, inter alia, that a different email (unspecified) was used (somewhere along the process) and that there was a fraudulent claim involved.

April 9: Agent said: ‘I see that the previous REP has initiated the refund. If any amount has not been credited yet, I request you to contact the bank regarding the same.’

Why should I contact my bank? The one result I did manage to extract from Adobe in this extrememely long drawn out process is that the monthly withdrawals by Adobe from my account have ceased. If Adbobe can communicate this to my bank, using my account details etc, why cannot Adobe make a simple bank transfer?

When I replied to the above and asked when the refund was initiated, the story became: ‘amount will be credited by today. If you do not receive yet, you can contact us again as we are here to help you.’

As I realise that it may take time for a transaction to proceed through finance departments etc, I have waited to respond. After 9 working days (not counting the British Easter Bank Holidays) I find no refund has been transferred to my account.

I do not wish to enter into another ‘conversation’ with an agent on this case. I want this matter to be directed to an Adobe employee with the authority to deal with it forthwith and refund the unauthorised withdrawals from my account by Adobe. I run a one-person business with frequent deadlines and I have already wasted more hours than one feasibly should on this matter. Can an Adobe employee with the reuired authority deal with this as soon as possible. Thank you.

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Apologies for the delayed reply. It appears this has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the delayed reply. It appears this has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started