• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe stock images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I purchase a full license on an adobe stock image to print on products for my small business..can it be sold and used by another person and printed on the same products as my business does?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. An asset is licensed to one licensee. If another person wants to use that image they must also purchase a license appropriate to their intended use.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!  I thought so!  Do you know how I can report this matter?  I tried to find a way to report it to the actual artist/owner of the asset purchased but can't figure out how to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a form for reporting IP infringement, however I'm not sure if a third party can submit it on behalf of someone else's IP. 
https://survey.adobe.com/jfe/form/SV_a3iwQO3jp990k2W

There's no way for you to contact the contributor of the asset. Are you sure that your customer didn't purchase a separate license for the asset? Maybe the expeditious thing to do is to advise your customer that they need to license the image for their own use.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again!  I will see what I can do.  Your information has helped me out a lot. I appreciate you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the thread, I think to have learned the following: 

• you licenced an asset and someone or you created a product, where this Adobe stock is used on.
  • now a competitor of yours is using the same asset to mirror what you have done, and is selling a product similar to yours. 

Are you sure that your competitor did not simply licence the same asset to copy you? Adobe does no exclusive sales.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started