• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock is a Scam

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, they automatically enroll you into a year-long contract with ridiculous fees when you realize what they did and need to cancel.  Then if you do cancel or terminate your account, they will not let you access your credits.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Any other stock image service allows you to use your credits when you need them.  I guess they expect you to just use the credits for the sake of using them, rather than when you need them like every designer or business person would.  This is the most unethical licensing and pricing model I've ever seen from a large software company.  I've paid for the creative cloud suite for years now, and practices like this make me sick.  BTW Adobe, figure it out, all of the top posts in your Adobe Stock Forum are related to your crooked business practices. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with Stock services.

According to the Stock terms and conditions, service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details. You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle. You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for the duration of your fir

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with Stock services.

According to the Stock terms and conditions, service begins from the moment that you activate this trial period by submitting your payment details. You will not be charged for the first month’s billing cycle. You’ll be charged the rate stated above, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month starting with the second month’s billing cycle for the duration of your first annual contract.

You may also refer to Legal subscription terms | Adobe for more information.

I did go through your account details and noticed that you had purchased Adobe Stock 10 images per month(one-year) subscription on 31st May 2017.  The account is in a suspended state(due to payment issue).

Please get in touch with our support team Support FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?  to get a detailed information about the billing and assets as they will be able to pull up more information on your account and will assist you further.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this bait/switch has been going on for years and has not been fixed.  You all did the same to me.

There's nothing in the purchase windows about an annual contract.

How do I get ahold of your customer service group to cancel this and get my money back?

I've enclosed the purchase screens as attachments.  Can you please show me where it clearly says you are purchasing an annual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They got me too!  I used the free trial and decided to continue it month by month (like ALL other software products do)

I decided to cancel after a few months and was notified that I had been switched to an ANNUAL contract and that I have to pay over $100 to cancel.

I've never had this happen with any software product. 

It's clear now that this is an issue that has been going on for a long time and it doesn't appear Adobe cares to fix it.

I'll try to take this through their customer support group.  However, if I see I'm getting jerked around like all you have been, I'll take it to the better business bureau and make sure I add to your voices on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started