• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Transparent Background NOT Transparent...

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I've downloaded many images from Adobe Stock in my search for a 'flow' type graphic that has a transparent background that i can use in a design I am working on. I am not a trained graphic designer, and I am really struggling to get a graphic to meet my needs.

Many images state that they have a transparent background, but none so far I have downloaded have - they have a grey and white checkered background that is physically part of the image. i have read about layers and I have looked into this with some of the graphics I have downloaded - and when presented with literally hundreds of layers, I really don't know where to start.

I've now downloaded about 10 images in my quest, and I don't want to waste any more Adobe Stock credits - please help!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Hi Mark,

I understand that you are struggling with the background of the licenses that you are downloading.

Please see Adobe Stock .ai Image with transparent background in photoshop and Transparent Background on Stock Photos for more details.

Let me know if that helps else we can help you with detailed steps.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I understand that you are struggling with the background of the licenses that you are downloading.

Please see Adobe Stock .ai Image with transparent background in photoshop and Transparent Background on Stock Photos for more details.

Let me know if that helps else we can help you with detailed steps.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, it doesn't help - any further guidance on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They gray and white you are seeing is not part of the image itself - it's the transparency grid. If you have layers, they are all transparent. You need to learn Photoshop... Lynda.com, Pluralsight.com, take a class from an instructor (I teach beginners). I also mentor online to help you solve your problems if you are interested in something like that - it's by the minute - hackhands.com/piccone.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know PS.  I don't need Lynda.  In fact, the gray/white is not transparent.  I did notice that the *.ai file gets rasterized.  Is that the issue? If so, how do I resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Adobe Stock is useless to me until I know how to fix this, but i cant find anything on how to fix it. I'm not using Stock anymore, I'm going to be using Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this worked out? I am having the same problem. SO annoying that they make it look like a tranparerent PNG only to have it be part of the image itself.  Completely useless!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KPC_SRP,

Please provide the asset ID that is giving you trouble and I can review it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Stock, it says tranparent but I cannot get any of them to work, the backgrounds are not transparent????? This is incredibly frustrating.  I ended up purchasing illiutrator but I still cannot figure this out?  Please help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - brought all the images I needed on a transparent background to find that the grey and white background gets downloaded too - so annoying and a waste of money. I've spent more hours than I care to admit trying to rectify this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dariusb16267922 can you provide file IDs so I can troubleshoot? Please not that JPEGs cannot be transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one I am having problems with:  FILE #:  376717593

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please review https://howchoo.com/illustrator/background-transparent-illustrator. I am locking this thread, please create a new post if you continue to have questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started