• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeStock: How do I disable 'foreign language content' from showing up in my search results?

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a search in Adobe Stock I randomly see 'foreign language content' showing up in my results.  This is super annoying at times and I cannot seem to disable any settings to stop it.  I'll type in "construction" and 15-20% of the search results are images with content overlaid written in a language I cannot use, it's mostly French & German.

Does anyone else ever have this happen? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

If I understand correctly you are searching for images in English and when you view the images in detail some of them are in German and French.

Unfortunately, there is no way to filter out the images by a specific language since it's all based on keywords that the contributor has added when they have submitted the image.

However, you may try searching for the image by giving the specific keywords on Adobe Stock website.

Als

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

If I understand correctly you are searching for images in English and when you view the images in detail some of them are in German and French.

Unfortunately, there is no way to filter out the images by a specific language since it's all based on keywords that the contributor has added when they have submitted the image.

However, you may try searching for the image by giving the specific keywords on Adobe Stock website.

Also, our product teams are already working to improvise more on the features of the Stock and Contributor sites.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita -

Thank you for the update. This is unfortunate because using other stock sites, the same issue does not occur for me. Perhaps it is the way they set up the uploads from the contributors that better define the language content debacle, I really do not know, however, this is the only site I've ever experienced seeing my search results return in foreign artwork.

• I only use AdobeStock via the web browser, I've tried and tried to use AdobeStock from the applications' interface and I always experience way too many issues to make this method project efficient. i.e. I used to end up with the wrong image all the time, the vector images never open up as vector they're always the thumbnail web images and then I'd still have to go download the actual file from the website anyways.**

I look forward to one day being able to search your stock site without sifting through items I cannot use.

Thank You,

MS

Creative Director

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try adding the language you want into your search terms. IE; construction english .....

Might help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not encouraging, but thanks for playing!!

Just as I suspected adding a "language" to the search only specifies the topic to search for that country/language or relative use of the word.  IE; construction english – pulls up images of Great Britan's flag, English bulldogs, homes and buildings in London, Great Britain and other surrounding countries.

I believe the search algorithm for Adobe Stock is just flawed, as I've never experienced this issue with any other stock sites.

Thank You,

MS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not encouraging, but thanks for playing!!

Just as I suspected adding a "language" to the search only specifies the topic to search for that country/language or relative use of the word.  IE; construction english – pulls up images of Great Britan's flag, English bulldogs, homes and buildings in London, Great Britain and other surrounding countries.

I believe the search algorithm for Adobe Stock is just flawed, as I've never experienced this issue with any other stock sites.

Thank You,

MS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incredibly annoying and I consider it to be a major design flaw.  I have used several other stock services and have never had this issue. If Adobe cannot correct this major oversight, it will lose me as a customer competing services that clearly have a far better understanding of the needs of their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find it the same way. This is one of the most UX unfriendly things I have seen on the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started