• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Content not labelled as AI

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a preface, I do not ever want to use AI art. Too many times I'll see an image that looks good at the low-resolution preview, only to discover that (after licensing) at high resolution it bears the obvious signs of generative AI.

The waters of Adobe Stock have been utterly polluted by this trend. There are "artists" on Twitter bragging about uploading hundreds of images a month and how much money they are making. This has done nothing but skew search results and create more nonsense to wade through. I've added -AI on the search bar but this doesn't filter the incorrectly tagged results.

At the very least, add a "mark as AI" button to images so registered users can flag incorrectly tagged content.

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Contributors need to follow rules for generative AI:

Title: must include “Generative AI”.

Keywords: must include “AI” and “Generative AI”.

Button: there is a button for contributors to mark their assets as AI, before submitting.

Unfortunately, numerous contributors did submit before the publication of the rules on December 6th. They should have complied by now, and changed title and keywords, even if it is work to do. New submissions get refusals, but I fear that the moderators still let go to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributors need to follow rules for generative AI:

Title: must include “Generative AI”.

Keywords: must include “AI” and “Generative AI”.

Button: there is a button for contributors to mark their assets as AI, before submitting.

Unfortunately, numerous contributors did submit before the publication of the rules on December 6th. They should have complied by now, and changed title and keywords, even if it is work to do. New submissions get refusals, but I fear that the moderators still let go too many assets not following the rules.

I suggest, you simply post the asset IDs here, and an Adobe employee will check your complaints.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I suggest, you simply post the asset IDs here, and an Adobe employee will check your complaints."

Yeah, nah. I'm not doing the work for them. Adobe is going to discover that allowing AI art into their stock library is like the houseguest who refuses to leave.  Kicking the responsibility to the customer is weaksauce. 

Here, let me fix it for you:

"Dear Adobe Stock Creator,

You have 2 weeks to properly tag, or remove, any content in your portfolio that was created with generative AI. If you fail to comply and improperly tagged content is discovered your portfolio and account will be frozen until it meets our guidelines. 

The first strike is a warning. If you receive a second strike, your balance will be forfeited and your portfolio removed.

- The Adobe Stock Team"

Maybe an Adobe employee should check this complaint and kick it up the ladder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your choice. You will have to live with the awful AI assets.

But yes, as a (classical) contributor, I really would like to have Adobe to assert a more stringent approach. But if the customers don't report here, there won't be a resolution. Sorry for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, if you follow this forum, you'll see that plenty of people are reporting.

On the other hand, I know that numerous contributors are complaining that their accounts get locked. Now, I can't say that this is in relation with the AI explosion, but the emergence of AI was just a little before the multiple lockout reports we get.

I really would urge you to report what you can. We all need a clean stock database to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Stock for a steampunk website. Many artists in the steampunk world are up in arms about generative AI. Some have day jobs as designers and illustrators and see this as an existential threat to their livelihoods. That's not hype. I know mid-career designer/illustrator who has been asking friends for advice about career change. As a result, I have publicly stated that I will NOT use AI-generated content on my site unless its for articles ABOUT generative AI. Here are the problems: First, the Adobe Stock interface offers no way to filter out AI-generated images. Second, not all AI-generated images are clearly labeled as such. The only indication is a tag that says "AI." Third, some images look suspiciously like AI-generated images but there's no label or tag at all. This all has me seriously considering dropping the service when it comes up for renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules are clear, since December 6: Label you generated AI as such an put in keywords. Some time afterwards, there was an additional flag for AI contributors to flag their assets as AI. In the meantime, we get increased reports from contributors who get locked out of their account. As we cannot verify those accounts to be related to AI, we assume that some are consistently trying to circumvent the rules to get their assets accepted faster. I agree, that a good steampunk photographer can produce correct images from steampunk models. AI cannot. In the current state, I see little interest in AI for me. It's impossible to produce nice images with little invest. But that will change, and as photography was an intrusion into portrait painting, AI will be an intrusion into photography. 

As a background: see my signature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a big problem. I encountered quite a few today and it got in the way of me finding worthy images for my project. The pictures lacked soul and were _very_ noticeably artificial. We ought to have the option of _never_ seeing AI assets if we wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the assets respect the rules:

• Generative AI is only in the illustrations section. If you are looking for photos or vectors, you can exclude illustrations.
  • If you are looking for illustrations, you can use the “-ai” search term, to exclude generative AI.

Nonconforming generative AI should be reported here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I definitely searched only photos and found quite a few within that category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated in the thread above, Contributors are required to add "Generative AI" to both the title and keywords, and to classify the asset as an AI illustration; however, there appear to be many assets in the database that were uploaded prior to these requirements being announced, and even now, AI contributors are not fully complying. When someone reports a non-compliant asset or contributor account here, Adobe takes immediate action to get it re-reviewed. 

You can type -AI (dash AI) in the search box which will eliminate properly labelled AI assets from your search, though improperly labelled assets will still show up. We all (both Contributors and Buyers) that Adobe will soon be able to implement an AI/non-AI Filter to make this easier for Buyers.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tip. I’ll definitely use it going forward. But as you say, a lot of this stuff isn't being tagged. I’d no clue that AI photos were being accepted until I clicked on one and no AI tag was associated with it. It was like that for various photos. No worries and thanks again for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a spare moment, you can report such assets here (using the File number), and we'll make sure they get reviewed again by Adobe. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here is one. In the author’s defense, they did include “AI” in the title but these should also be tagged. I rarely look at titles simply because I have no need…I see a pic I like and I license it. But tags are much more helpful to me.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/beautiful-afro-american-female-with-curly-hair-in-gym-generative-ai/5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Contributor1 can be tagged to review such assets. However, this one is in the photo section, but can be put out of view with the “-ai” search term. I suspect this one to be a cured asset from the very beginning of the AI hype. You can't change the section, so once it is in the photo section, the contributor can't move it to the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One added note: In my opinion, there is not enough visual identifiation at the surface level of what’s AI. There should be a badge added to such images immediatley apparent in search results. We shouldn’t have to dig into tags to do that. That would save time and be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm not able to log new reports on generative AI issues related to the assets not being labeled currently. I can only provide the basic details below until I hear new guidance. I apologize for the lack of details on this.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Adobe Stock asks contributors to tag their content as generative AI with designated keyword tags. We’re exploring additional labeling and filtering improvements for Stock buyers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have to label such images as illustrations and have "Generative AI" in the title. Not sure how you're still missing that they are AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One added note: In my opinion, there is not enough visual identifiation at the surface level of what’s AI. There should be a badge added to such images immediatley apparent in search results. We shouldn’t have to dig into tags to do that. That would save time and be helpful.

By @fuzenco

Especially, the one you did tag is marked as generative AI in the title. You can use the “-ai” search keyword, and it won't appear on-screen. I'm not a fan of those assets on stock, but I think for an asset that is marked and able to be blended out of the search, there is enough data.

As Adobe did choose to have the contributors to mark their assets in the title, you should look at that title. As soon as there is a more adequate filter option, we will be able to use that, but for the moment that is all that is offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started