• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Generated Images Not Marked as Such?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an online discussion about AI generated images and how Adobe Stock is now accepting them someone linked to a portfolio of a person who has publicllly stated that they are submitting AI images to Adobe Stock. 

There was also a link to Adobe Stocks info on submitting AI images, which states,

" Label, title, and tag content as Generative AI illustrations.
To properly review your content and surface it to customers, clearly label content that has been made using generative AI tools. Only content that has been properly labeled can be selected for inclusion in content highlight galleries, customer research requests, and other promotional materials. Identify any generative AI art as illustration, even if it looks like a photograph - only content primarily created using a camera can be submitted as photos."

But this person does not have anything labeled as AI in their portfolio. At a glance one might think many of them are photographs. With some though, close inspection mistakes can be seen that show it is AI generated. Like this Santa. Look closer at the skiis--they're not right. But there are also a couple other issues with it.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/santa-claus-skiing-winter-fun-christmas/549864842

This is not only an issue with it not being labeled as AI work, it's also a quality issue. Adobe Stock is supposed to have quality images, and this Santa is mostly good--but the skiis are a big flaw in my opinion. So I think Adobe employees need to take extra care when examining images to be accepted for such flaws. 

I don't have a problem with AI images--as long as they are clearly labelled, so I hope Adobe can contact this contributer and get them to label their AI images correctly. 

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Thank you all, I'll report this to the content team for a second review. I agree @Abambo, all assets deserve equal scrutiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Hello, yes these accounts may need futher scrutiny. I've passed on the report to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that is helpful. I'm sure more will be revealed how this all plays out in the coming months! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Let's see. As I explained multiple times to content creators (I'm one, so I can do that):

It's not the creator who is important, but the customer. Adobe needs to provide to customers high-quality assets. If Adobe fails to this task, there won't be customers and so there won't be revenues for creators.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post a comment on here to express that this issue is still not solved and causing delays in my work. Even six months ago, I could use search on Adobe Stock and get fairly relative results, but now almost every other image is AI generated and many aren't labeled as such. We need a filter just for AI art, and there needs to be a better review before content becomes available to paying customers. If I have to waste any more time filtering through uncanny valley lasagnas, I'm going to lose it and look into taking my business to a stock site that's a little more restrictive with AI art. It has a place and a purpose, but we should be able to decide if we see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultnhpo25mrc9lj ,

Use “-ai” in your search terms. That will avoid all conforming assets.

Generative AI is new and so many contributors see it as a manner to generate fast pictures, but they do not keep in mind, that still they need to conform with the quality requirements. Unfortunately, the moderators were unprepared for the first wave of assets. So many passed that should not have passed. We see many refusals for AI-generated assets in the contributor forum, and many of those contributors asking questions did not inspect their assets correctly before submitting, or they would not have submitted them. Submissions get in a different moderation queue, I suppose, with specifically trained moderators for this. We see that because only submitters with generative AI assets see a considerable slowdown in the moderation speed, so there is a bottleneck. All contributors need to set now a flag, and they have to add certain criteria to their title and keywords (from the submission guidelines for contributors):

• Include "generative AI" in the title of ALL images (in English) in which all or part of the file was created with generative AI software.
    • This includes composites with multiple asset types
  • Include "generative AI" as a single keyword (in English regardless of language you are keywording in)
  • Include "generative" as a single keyword
  • Include "AI" as a single keyword

We can hope that the situation will improve soon, with:

• filters for generative AI assets.
  • and better quality assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't solve anything though due to the sheer number of non-conforming assets. Try searching for "sci-fi soldier -ai." There's a good chance that nearly every single search result you get is ai generated, despite none of them taggit it as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't solve anything though due to the sheer number of non-conforming assets. Try searching for "sci-fi soldier -ai." There's a good chance that nearly every single search result you get is ai generated, despite none of them taggit it as such.

By @EkorrenHJ

Yes. That's why Adobe stock needs to do a huge clean-up. And also there, I have the impression that Adobe is moving in the right direction.

And “-ai” may even counterproductive, as you lock out any “classic” assets about artificial intelligence. There is not a fit all solution. And I do not know all what Adobe is doing under the hood currently, to address the problem. I hope that they have a solution soon. I would have expected Adobe to ask contributors to set their approved assets in conformity. That has not yet been done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started