• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I allowed to pass on files to a graphic designer?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have purchased a photo from Adobe Stock and want my graphic designer to use it for a book cover. (<500.000 copies).

Am I allowed to pass the file on to him? Since I uses it only in behalf of me and i'm the one who publishes the work on a cover?

Thanks in advance!

Mirjam

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! You may pass it on to a graphic designer doing work for you. The designer himself is, however, not allowed to use that file for other customers, including himself.

This is independent of the type of licence you have taken.

Look for section 6B of the current licencing agreement.

(B) Employee and Contractor Use. You may transfer files containing the Stock Assets, including productions, Projects, or other permitted derivative materials, to employees or subcontractors, provided that:
(1) such employees and subcontractors agree in an enforceable written agreement to abide by the restrictions in the Terms;
(2) such employees and subcontractors only use the Stock Assets on your behalf; and
(3) you are solely responsible and liable for use of the Stock Assets by your employee or contractor.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started