• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio license proof for platforms other than YouTube

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any official document can proof that I licensed each audio track other than license history webpage. Is the license code only can be used for YouTube? But what if I have the video (with using the audio track) on other platforms? Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rui5EA3,

Apologies for the delayed response. Right now, the license code is our only proof of purchase. We are not aware of sites other than YouTube regularly checking for or flagging copyrighted music. However, the internet is always evolving. If you are asked to provide proof of licensing by a site other than YouTube, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy,

I did not have this experience with Adobe licensed audio, but I know that GEMA (German audio rights association) is very agressive on this field. We got several times letters from them to prove that the audio played on expositions is not part of their catalogue. It helps in this case to have a proof. The license history is clumsy for this, especially if you are a service provider for your customer.

(just my 5 cents)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rui5EA3,

Thank you for this feedback. I will pass it on to our product management team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rui5EA3,

I received the following guidance regarding your concern:

GEMA is what’s known as a performance rights organization (or “PRO”), which collects performance royalties for songs which are registered with them. Currently, none of the music available on Adobe Stock is registered with any PRO or subject to performance royalties, so you should not need to worry. That may change in the future, but if we do add songs which are subject to performance royalties, they will be clearly marked as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started