• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use watermarked images in any commercial file?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Weird question here.
Someone who is creating a brandbook for one of companies i work with  is using images with watermarks.  I asked them if watermarks will disappear in the final document?

And they told me that:
'No, this is perfectly legal and common practise to use watermarked images as examples in these types of documents'. 

I'm pretty sure this is not how things work. Is there any document on adobestock website I can show them to confirm my guess?

I know other stockimages websites state very clearly that you can't use watermarked images in end product, somehow I cant find anything similar in adobe stock policy. 

Thank's 

TOPICS
General , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Watermarked images from stock sites cannot be used in final designs. They are, however fine, for prepublishing designs, to allow customers to decide on the images to use. But even for internal Powerpoint presentations before a limited public, you would need to license.

You don't need to state that explicitly, if it is stated, it's just to be clear for the amateurs.

:copyright: infringements can be costly.

Edit: I was quite sure that there was a provision in the licensing terms for use of watermarked assets. So I searched for that and here we are:

331CF562-2BA9-4D9A-B019-C2DA183C67A7.jpeg

IMHO:  the advice of that guy is highly dangerous and exposes the customer and his company to criminal investigation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started