• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC BY licence

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any photograph that I purchase with extended licence and without the restriction of „editorial use only“ be published under a CC BY licence?

- If yes, where do I find this information black on white?

- If not, why?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

No. 
Why: because it's not black on white in the licensing terms.

What is allowed with an asset, that you licence is in the licencing terms. You need to read them and interpret them. You can publish, by example a book, containing the assets, modified or not, but in no case, you can publish the assets standalone, for commercial or non-commercial reasons.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As alwa

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Thus is surely an "absolutely not". The CC BY license allows commercial use without restriction except attribution. The photos in Stock come with a more strict commercial license, which you cannot downgrade just by publishing with a different license. I am not a lawyer, but that's surely just the start of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. 
Why: because it's not black on white in the licensing terms.

What is allowed with an asset, that you licence is in the licencing terms. You need to read them and interpret them. You can publish, by example a book, containing the assets, modified or not, but in no case, you can publish the assets standalone, for commercial or non-commercial reasons.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No. Besides that what Abambo said you cannot license something again that has already been licensed by the author or distributor, i.e. Adobe Stock. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(answer directed to a spammer, not to Henrik. The spammer's posts got deleted)

I would ask you to stop with these nonsense answers. You could be banned for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(looks like they're already banned, or banished to the holding room.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear, I'm innocent! 😉 So finally they did initiate the spam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

anybody posting nonsense is suspicious for spam, or prespam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus is surely an "absolutely not". The CC BY license allows commercial use without restriction except attribution. The photos in Stock come with a more strict commercial license, which you cannot downgrade just by publishing with a different license. I am not a lawyer, but that's surely just the start of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started