• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default download to JPEG/.AI

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so frustrated and hoping someone here can help. I've been on the chat option with Adobe for over an hour and they are completely useless; called them too and no help.....I just signed up for a monthly subscription for Adobe Stock. I downloaded the first image I wanted and it asked me if I wanted AI or JPG ...I didn't know so I picked AI. Turns out I can't use it in Canva or Keynote - the two places I need it. So I tried to download three more images and they now by default download as AI files (and I don't want to waste buying images since they are expsenive and I only have so many). The images I've bought specifically say that with the License you can download in both AI and JPG.....but I only have the option of pressing Download and when I do it automatically does in it AI without giving me a choice of getting it in JPG. I'm so annoyed because I've paid for someone that isn't working properly and they are useless to help me .....can someone please help me figure out what's wrong?

TOPICS
Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Hello lisa892, 

Sorry to hear about it. In Details page, there is a Settings link from which you can change your Download setttings option for the Licensed Vector assets. Please select your selecting and try again. Hope this helps !!!!! 

1.png

 

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lisa892, 

Sorry to hear about it. In Details page, there is a Settings link from which you can change your Download setttings option for the Licensed Vector assets. Please select your selecting and try again. Hope this helps !!!!! 

1.png

 

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me. I don't see a
Settings area anywhere and not sure what you mean by the Details page. If
you mean the page 'before' you buy it (showing the image and the Buy
button) I don't see a Settings area and if you mean the area where I go in
to see my paid Licensed images, I also don't see a Settings area. Here are
screenshots of each:

[image: Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 4.56.10 PM.png]

[image: Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 4.55.47 PM.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lisa892, 

Sorry i am unable to see screenshots attached. Please do share attached screenshot at your end or Asset ID you are trying. 

If you see my 1st image attached in earlier thread you will see Settings option for Vector assets only (AI/EPS, SVG). Note : This option wont be available for Other asset types such as JPEG, Videos etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond however I've been given that same response several times from Adobe and it doesn't work for me....when i tell them that they then never respond again; hoping you will. Your image does in fact show a Settings link on the Details page....when I go to a Details page I do NOT get the Settings link - it simply isn't there for me (see image I've attached as an example). This is still an issue.....I can't use any of the images that I've paid for because my default is downloading as AI files and there is no where that allows me to change my settings to get downloads as jpgs. I'm very frustrated that I have paid for this and can't use the images and Adobe won't help me figure out - they just keep giving me answers that don't work (on chats; on phone). Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 12.20.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lisa892 ,

I saw your screenshot. It seem to be JPEG asset for which Settings options won't be available.

Can you select any AI/EPS file see if you can see Settings there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa892,

The reason 'Settings' isn't visible in this particular screenshot is because the asset is a 'JPEG' (which can be seen under 'File Type') this particular asset can only be downloaded as a JPEG. We only offer the option to download as Vector/AI/EPS and JPEG when the asset is within the File Type: 'AI/EPS and JPEG' category, and in this case, you will see the Settings link in the asset detail view. We are looking into the reason the word 'Vector' is in the title for this asset. Thank you for your questions and comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL the guy WANTS the JPEG (or JPG) his problem is he already downloaded it as AI. Wow way to get completely OFF TRACK, people! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa, I came across the same problem, so in accordance with what Vani_100 was saying, I looked for an image that was Vector only and finally the settings option popped up, like in her screenshot, that allowed me to change my default. 

Christie1587_0-1607294501942.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa892,

Which assets specifically did you want to download a different format? I don't see that you provided these and there seems to be confusion if the format you desire is even available. Can you please list the files IDs that you are having difficulty with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I was having the same problem, when I accidentally figured it out this morning. If you click on the image you want, regardless of if you have downloaded it as AI before or not, it will give you a bunch of info about the photo (I think this is what was meant by "details" page. There's a SMALL settings icon on the right, below the image info. If you click on THAT it will show you the vector settings, and you can choose Jpeg, and also UNselect the default if you want. You can also choose for it to ask you every time you download.

Hope this helps. I was pretty frustrated reading through all of these replies too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started