• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusion about the license for an item listed on Adobe Stock

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an Adobe Stock asset that I liked the other day, and considered downloading, but the item in question has a license type that would make it entirely useless to buy.

The item is an NFT Card Token Maker, which would be used to create an animated Card style NFT, which you would then (presumably) want to sell. It's a nice template, and could be useful. However, the license type is only Enhanced, which means the "Asset may [NOT] be used in merchandise, templates, or other products for resale", which would be the only purpose for a stock file of this type. Is this an error the artist made when adding the file, or am I missing something? If I cannot sell the NFTs I create, what is the point?

For reference, the stock file is: https://stock.adobe.com/templates/nft-card-token-maker/506952498/

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why is there not a way to contact the artist? The "best" option I found was to post to this support community, which likely won't actually solve anything... If I could contact the artist I could ask them, and maybe get it fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is indeed no way to contact the artist. The artist also has no choice over the license offered, and can't change the terms offered by Adobe. It does sound a particularly useless template if the Asset may not be used for merchandise - can you please link, though, to where it says "Asset may [NOT] be used in merchandise, templates, or other products for resale", Not sure what the [NOT] means in this case and why it is in brackets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brackets were my addition, including the "not" inside it, because this right is NOT the extended license. If you click the enhanced license on the linked asset you see the license comparison, and the only line NOT included is the one quoted, hence why I added the "NOT" in brackets. If this is an adobe decision (license type), why would they choose this type? Why is there no way to submit feedback about which license type was selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to read the terms correctly:

With an Enhanced license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

https://stock.adobe.com/uk/license-terms#enhancedLicenses

You can use, however, the asset for an item for sale where the main value lies in your creation. With templates, that's precisely what you do.

The asset you pointed out is a MOGRT file, which is a special file for use with Premiere Pro: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/motion-graphics-templates.html.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started