• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contract for Licence

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to publish a book in which I will put some adobe pictures. Is that safe just like that? I would like a contract or a notification, anything written, that I actually purchased the licence for that photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pictures are used as illustrations for a topic discussed in the book, that's allowed within the license. However, if the pictures ARE the subject of the book, that isn't allowed. In other words, you can't just publish a collection of images. Though you're not required to provide attribution to either Adobe stock or the photographer, why not include a small credit line somewhere on the copyright page? I'm reading a novel by a very successful author, and she included the following note: "All art courtesy of Shutterstock, Inc."

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jill_C,

May I dissent from what you said:

Even when the pictures are the main reason for the buyer (as with a photo book) you may still use the assets, but you will need an extended licence instead of a standard one, as for textbooks. We assume that with textbooks, the written word is the main incentive to acquire the book (see https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/contract-for-licence/m-p/13579943#M68842 from @Nancy OShea in this thread).

Credits are also required if other credits are given. For books, there is normally a page at the beginning or the end, where you credit contributions, like those from Adobe stock. Using a picture in a book may also be considered as editorial like, to be honest, I would have difficulties to know the clear limits. So, it is always careful to indicate the sources.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Adobe Stock.]

Read below about Adobe Stock Licenses & Terms:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Standard License:

Allows you to include the asset in some types of products, such as inside a textbook, as long as the primary value of the product is not the asset itself, and the product is not reproduced more than 500,000 times.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to publish a book in which I will put some adobe pictures. Is that safe just like that? I would like a contract or a notification, anything written, that I actually purchased the licence for that photo.

By @JuSa2023

You can download the licencing terms. And yes, that's what stock is about: safe using of assets from multiple creators.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your answers already. Further I would like to know: If third persons question my licence for the picture, how can I proof that I purchased the picture, that I actually have the licence?

And: Do I still see the pictures and images - and the licence, even if I end my Adobe Stock abo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look into your licence history, you see all your licenced assets: https://stock.adobe.com/Dashboard/LicenseHistory.

The licence history is still available, even if you cancel your subscription. BTW: you can also licence assets with credit packs. In that case, you do not have a subscription.

I would, however, locally store the assets because assets can be deleted from the stock site, and they are not any more available in that case. But as you have licenced the item, you are entitled to use the item according to your licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you so much, that helped a lot. I locally stored the assets in my pictures and another folder in documents. Is that what you mean by storing them or is there another way for the licence itself? Sorry I am not familiar with this and don't want to do any mistake 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You always can redownload assets, except if they have been deleted. As you paid for a licence, you should store the asset locally, so that if it gets deleted in stock, you still have the asset.

My licence history contains some assets, that have been deleted, mostly because of quality problems. But if you use that asset, the quality issues do not disturb you, so why not continuing to use the asset:

Abambo_0-1676582589766.png

The asset seen here has been deleted by Adobe, because of quality issues. So, the download is no more available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started