Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating content for resale on Etsy

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am interested in staring an Etsy shop with content such as wedding invitations, custom stickers, thank you cards, etc. and sold as either digital downloads or as physical products.

Before I begin, I want to ensure that everything I will be doing is legal.

-Is an adobe stock image okay to be used in a design for such content? I would not be selling the stock image itself, but the image would be used to create something that would be sold.

-Does an adobe stock image need to be altered in any way for it to be okay for resale?

-Do I need to buy an extended license or is a standard license sufficient?

Thanks for the help!!

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Hi Madison,

• You are welcome to edit the non-editorial asset in anyway you deem necessary. Note, however, that your modifications must not violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison,

• You are welcome to edit the non-editorial asset in anyway you deem necessary. Note, however, that your modifications must not violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive.

Also, you may refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more information.

Let me know if this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional query.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my idea is to use the images of say, a flower, maybe tweak the image some, and add text for posters and postcards to print on demand.
So, I am not really using an image to sell a mug or a T-shirt, but I am not exactly reselling the image as it is.
I did read the license types, and I am still not quite sure how it applies to my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what exactly is your question?

Possibility one: Can I do that? Yes, you can do that.

Possibility two: What licence do I need? Extended as said above.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a follow-up question.  Can you use the Free Adobe Stock images on items that will be sold on Etsy? I am not clear what type of license comes with the Free Adobe stokc images.

Thank you!

HarperB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even that this is a 2021 question: 

Answer is no. Free assets come with a standard licence. You even can't acquire the asset in an extended license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started