• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting checkered background

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sparkly image from Adobe stock [White sparks and golden stars glitter special light effect. Vector sparkles on transparent backgroun...] But i cant seem to remove the background. I already tried removing the checkers background, but it doesnt work.

[moderator removed original attachment. You should not attach the original stock data to this thread]

TOPICS
Download , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to edit this file in Adobe Illustrator (best is the latest version).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried editing in latest version of Adobe Illustratror. Still didn't work. When i remove the background i get left with the sparkle image + black surroundings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real vectors don't have true transparent backgrounds for good reason. Transparent backgrounds tend to turn into bitmap graphics so that's why illustrators normally turn those into simulated transparent backgrounds. But yeah really those simulated checkerboard backgrounds are really not necessary and tend to aggravate potential buyers. One reason why some people add them is to maybe make them look more tantalizing I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributors could add them in the preview and disable them in the Illustrator file before uploading. But the result would be equally frustrating for users downloading the JPEG version. Users downloading the Illustrator version can easily disable the chequerboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've loaded your file, added a background layer (bg) and switched off the visibility of some elements. Works fine:

Abambo_0-1627334688487.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same step. But i have a white background. This only works when i used a colored background but that is not what i need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way these effects work is that you need a non-white coloured background. Maybe the Illustrator forum gives you more information on how to work with such assets. All that I can confirm is that all assets of this type have the same needs and work the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started