• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editorial Use of Social Media Icons

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Social  Media Icons on Adobe Stock say for editorial use. https://stock.adobe.com/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_recent_...
When I read Terms and Conditions for Editorial Use I am confused. https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Stock-Additional-Terms-en_US-2020061...

Am I not able to just use the icons on a package box after, "Follow Us" without putting attributions and getting extra permission to use the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram icons.

I tried Chat but he didn't seem to follow what I was asking and told me that Editorial Use meant I can edit the image. That didn't make sense to me.

Can someone help, please? Thank you.

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

The chat has given you complete nonsense. I wish they wouldn't do this if they don't understand, it is very sad reflection on Adobe. Editorial use does not include packaging. Without giving legal advice, essentially editorial use covers news stories, articles and so forth. Otherwise you must have specific permission to use the icons from each license holder. You should be able to get permission and the icons direct from the social media sites, if available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat has given you complete nonsense. I wish they wouldn't do this if they don't understand, it is very sad reflection on Adobe. Editorial use does not include packaging. Without giving legal advice, essentially editorial use covers news stories, articles and so forth. Otherwise you must have specific permission to use the icons from each license holder. You should be able to get permission and the icons direct from the social media sites, if available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I realized that he didn't have any answers and was disappointed. Since copywrite and permission is an important issue it would be helpful if Adobe had experts that could be contacted for clarification and help. But the only way to contact them that I could find was the Chat and this Support Community. If there is another avenue that is more direct I would like to know about it.

I will take your suggestion and check the social media sites. I tried Facebook last night but I have yet to ask the right question, to get my answers. I sometimes find that the challenge. This helps.

Living and learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be what you want for Facebook

https://en.facebookbrand.com/

My search was for "facebook icon license"

Sadly as it may seem, I think the official response should have been that the tech could not and would not offer any clarification. Harsh as it may seem, this avoids getting into very deep waters where the license says one thing and the tech said another: in a court, only the license will be looked at, and clarifications won't have altered it. The line is: here is the license, if you want an interpretation under the law you need to pay your own IP lawyer. Anyway, going to the brands is probably the right thing. Most brands are fiendishly protective of their IP (logos, names, products etc.) but the social media giants want you to use their branding (in an approved way!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see your point about the legal issues. Perhaps the techs need more training on fielding these kinds of requests.

Anyway thank you again. This is very helpful. I knew from experience that Brand Resources were available I just needed to find them. You shortened my process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry we cannot provide you with specific licensing advice. Please refer to https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms#editorialUse

If you have additional questions please consult an attorney.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started