• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding out when an image was uploaded

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys, so I paid a graphics designer to come up with a nice logo for my brand, after about a month he comes back with a design I and my business partner love. Last night when we were having our final meeting he informed me that an exact copy of the logo he designed was uploaded on Adobe Stock. Is there a way for me to find out if he is trying to scam me by having me pay him double [by paying him for the design and paying for adobe extended license] or it is just a coincidence? 

TOPICS
General , Licensing , Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Why would you have to pay twice? If you had an agreement that a logo would be delivered to you for your original fee, then why would you want to also pay for a license in Adobe stock?

2. Did you have an agreement for exclusivity? While this is much more expensive, it is the usual arrangement for a logo. 

3. Note that the Adobe Stock license forbids using a stock item for a logo because it cannot be trademarked etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel he is trying to play with me because the so-called Logo he designed is a replica of the one found on Adobe Stock. I attached the design he sent me and here is a link to the one found on adobe stock 

https://stock.adobe.com/images/cs-logo-cs-icon-cs-vector-cs-monogram-cs-letter-cs-minimalist-cs-tria...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose your designer needs to come up with a new design... 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my thoughts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who informed you? The designer? Did the designer upload the logo to stock?

If the designer is the creator, he will be allowed to sell you exactly the same design, however he can't grant you exclusivity. Logos however need to have exclusive use, as you cannot allow a different brand coming up with your logo. Imagine Nike or Addidas not having exclusive access to their logo. Cheap Chinese brands could use those logos to flood the market...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The designer informed me of the logos presence on Adobe Stock. 
I think he either uploaded the logo or he saw the logo and decided to replicate it thinking he can fool me into paying for the extended license and all.

The Exclusivity bit is what is most important for me. 
Thank you very much Abambo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the designer is the creator of the design as uploaded onto stock, he absolutly needs to delete that one  if there were NO sales. If there were sales he needs to design a new logo. Selling a logo means automatically that the designer does an exclusive design that can't be used by a different person. 

If the designer did not upload the specific design than he has either copied the design which is not allowed or by chance he has come to the same design which poses huge problems for him and you. You have no options in this case, you need a new design. Even buying the design would not help you.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank you very much for your assistance and help. I have instructed him to redesign a new logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started