Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Adobe stock images usage

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I want to use some of the Free Adobe stock images inside a book that will be self published and be under 500,000 copies. I understand the Free images are under the standard license. I just want to confirm that I am ok to use these images inside a book as I can only see references to book cover usage.

Also, is there a restriction on how many free images I can download and use?

Thanks for your help

Helen

TOPICS
Download , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

There are around one million free stock images, so that will be your limit… 🙂 The free collection is quite extensive, so feel free to use it, if it fits your needs.

And yes, free images come with a standard licence, and they may be used in accordance to the licencing terms. IMHO, your use is covered by a standard licence, if the primary value of your book does not lie in the assets.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

thank you so much for your reply and clarifying. That's great to know.

I'm sure you know your stuff but you've put a disclaimer so if a Adobe employee could confirm this is right, that would be great. I just want to make sure I'm covered.

Many thanks

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe employees will not confirm or refute me, as any statement by an employee would be equivalent to an Adobe commitment and may bind Adobe, even if the statement is not in Adobe's best interests.

All you normally see from Adobe is a reference to the licensing terms. If you want to have a legally secure statement, I advise you to consult a specialized lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and will not offer legal advice here or elsewhere. And since I am not an Adobe employee, I do not speak for Adobe. This all is my opinion, qualified or unqualified.

But I wouldn't look for hooks and loopholes here, and read the terms of the licence. They are written for the layman, without many legal terms and even with examples.

I would use the images (what else is the purpose of stock images), but I would include a source citation as described under Editorial Images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help Abambo

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started