• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How/can I buy a single image (not a subscription)???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this has been asked before, but I haven't found the solution in any of these discussion threads.

I want to buy one image for $9.99. Is this possible?

I'm new to Adobe Creative Cloud, am supposed to have 10 free images but have given up on that since it seems you are forced to buy a subscription to get those free images.

Can anyone outline the steps to purchase one image only? No subscription?

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Hi Erin,

I was having the same problem, and couldn't find a solution until just now. I used incognito with Google Chrome, so I didn't already appear logged in and no old browsing data would appear, then found the image and started the purchase process. It asked me to use my standard log in data, but this time I got the single image purchase option and everything went through just fine, and just downloaded my image.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Customers,

We are happy to announce our new offering- Credit Packs on Adobe Stock.

In the past, we had multiple queries related to Single image purchase- with the introduction of CREDIT PACKS you can now purchase these credits from Adobe and use the Credits to buy images and videos as per your requirement. The validity for the purchased credits will be 1-year(exceptions Japan- validity for 6 months only).

As of now, we are offering 6 different CREDIT PACK sizes, there are further discounts available on larger credit packs.

So why wait- update the thread today to know more on CREDIT PACKS

Please see our offering for Credit packs here:

Adobe Stock pricing and membership plan | Adobe Stock

For more details read our FAQ:

Credit packs for Adobe Stock

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions regarding CREDIT PACKS.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What customers are repeatedly asking for here is the ability to buy 1 standard image at a sensible/affordable price! I still can't buy just 1 standard asset (as far as I can tell—correct me if I'm wrong). The smallest CREDIT pack is for 1 PREMIUM image for $49.95.

The smallest month to month plan is 3 STANDARD assets for $29.99. What we really need is the ability to buy 1 standard image for $10-$12. Please don't force me to spend $29.99 when I only need 1 image! Until this is an option, I will NOT use Adobe Stock. Give me this option and I'll be a regular customer and present your images to clients as options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lisa, unfortunately this isn't being listened to despite it being 100% clear what people need in this thread. I've been buying my images elsewhere, its just too frustrating and controlling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY!  This doesn't solve your problem, just makes Adobe look greedy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock Photos was the first place I would go to when I needed images for flyers, ads, etc. The standard single-image pricing on an as-needed basis was perfect. I do not need multiple stock images a month, and do not appreciate feeling like my arm is being twisted into having to purchase a subscription plan. With the subscription plan, I would be paying $359.88 annually, which would be the equivalent of purchasing 3 images a month previously. I come nowhere near purchasing that many images a year.

Last Friday, I found out that I now needed a subscription if I wanted to continue purchasing images, so I called up Adobe Support. The rep consistently tried to sell me on the subscription stating that it was a deal because I get 10 images a month with it. After telling her repeatedly that I do not need 10 images a month, she told me about the Adobe Credit Packs. When the rep showed me the page for the credit pack pricing, I couldn't believe the pricing which is listed below...

Pricing for the credit packs:

5 Credits = 1 image for $49.95

16 Credits = 3 image for $149.99

40 Credits = 8 image for $359.99

80 Credits = 16 image for $669.99

150 Credits = 30 image for $1,200.00

So basically, Adobe pulled a bait & switch with an attractive single stock image option starting off, just to pull the rug out from under their customers by forcing them to pay for subscriptions or search for new stock image sources. To try to appease everyone who is not happy about that they offered the credit packs for anyone who does not want a subscription, but it's a joke at best.

For the price of a single image credit pack you are paying nearly double what you would pay for 1 month of subscription, and equivalent to purchasing 5 individual images previously.

The price of the 3 image credit pack could get you 5 months of subscription, and equivalent to purchasing 5 individual images previously.

This feels more like Adobe is mocking their customers who are not happy with the single-image option being taken away.

"Hey everyone! Look here! See? We just made a non-subscription option available to our customers again! Now for just 500% more than you were paying before! What a steal, right?! Click here to sell your soul now"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason

Standard images, 3D, and templates are 1 credit each.

With a 5 credit pack for $49.95 you can license 5 standard assets - equivalent pricing to the single, standard images that were available previously.

Credit packs can be used to license any type of asset and the examples given on the plans page show how they could be used for Premium assets and videos.

Sorry for the confusion caused.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverley (and Adobe team) -

I work as a church planter/pastor in the Phoenix area with a limited budget for graphic work. I used to love using the single purchase stock image option as it allowed me to purchase individual images affordably. I am disappointed that there is no longer an option to do so! Working with a very limited budget (even having purchased a subscription through Tech Soup), I cannot justify spending funds on a package of several image credits I may not be able to use or on a monthly subscription for additional purchases that cost the same as my software subscription pricing. Is there anything you offer to non-profits or church plants that is closer to the previous system - a simple pricing per image?

Dave McP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben and the Adobe team. I WILL SIGN A SUBSCRIPTION. I have previously purchased many images from you. You have now lost this business from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

You don't have to sign up for a subscription if that doesn't suit your requirements.  You can use a credit pack to license individual images and it's valid for 1 year.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ben

Please pass this onto the people making the decisions. I dont want a ‘credit’ ie the commitment to buy more images… BTW a credit pack is a subscription in my thinking. I just want one image now. You will see from my account that I have previously purchased several images. I come back to ’Stock' because I am a CC user and its (was) convenient and easy. You have now made it complex and less convenient in an attempt to extricate more money from me. Please tell your employer to think again.

Mark

[removed personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback Mark.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pass it on… I can there is a lot of push-back on this issue.

[removed personal information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get ONE image.

Credit packs and subscription services are an obvious money grab.

Good luck with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your credit packs are over-priced.  You need to offer single image options.  I will take my business elsewhere.  Shame on Adobe for not listening to your client's needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't have said it better myself! Learning web development at the moment and i'm getting so much more out of the free tools then what I'm wasting on creative cloud membership. I feel like Adobe has become the new private health of software. Pay for a lot of shit you don't use but the things you really need are extra out of your pocket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stunned. Adobe Stock has gone from my stock of choice to must avoid. Same as the freelancers here, I need a photo sometimes.

Goodbye Adobe Stock. Please email us if you reinstate single purchases.

In the meantime please state above the plans that single purchases are not available. How many hours are hundreds (thousands?) of customers wasting trying to make a single purchase?  How many customers are upset?  I just wasted 40 minutes, especially as a Google search suggested on a few links it could be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  Not being able to purchase single images rules shopping at Adobe out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock used to be ideal. I could download a single image, when I needed it and it immediately invoiced to my Adobe account. It was easy and convenient. Having to purchase a subscription for images is NOT what I want. The only reason Adobe Stock was awesome, was the ease of buying a single image and not needing to purchase "credits" in advance or sign up for a subscription! Forget Adobe Stock now—I'll just go get it on iStock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad. I will not use enough photos to justify that expense, but would love to buy one on occasion. I will go to another stock company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing the same thing. This is absolutely ridiculous and I will find my stock photos from other places. Adobe is King of taking away the consumers choice to buy the way that best suits them. First Creative Cloud (which I am a member of by necessity) and now I see Adobe Stock photos has no options like they used to if I want/need to buy a single image. A plan obviously does not suit me as I am just finding this out now and it looks like the change happened well over a year ago when the last time I needed to purchase a photo from Adobe, and it was the last. Seriously Adobe do you just not care about the consumer anymore? Only reason I am still with Adobe is because there are no viable alternatives to their software as they are the industry standard.

I will say I like the software but hate the gun to my head to keep paying monthly and if I ever decide to stop paying monthly, no matter how many years I have been with Adobe I am left with ZERO software, no old versions, no nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know EBQ, I had been with Adobe since its beginnings. Since before it bought Macromedia, when it was a Mac platform. You created and still create wonderful software. I love it. However, I do not like the commercial creature that Adobe has become. I don't like it at all. I was subscriptioned completely to death, Creative Cloud turned into a nightmare and its cost became unjustifiable. I spent hours on line with customer support just trying to get my subscription to Creative Cloud working every bloody time I had updates and it never was resolved. I'm retired and now do all my graphic design and website building for free for three charities and could no longer justify the cost of Adobe products. I moved to Affinity where I have been very happy. Now you are playing the same game with Adobe stock and again, while I love Adobe's product, I'm gone, my friends. I don't want your subscriptions, I just want to buy the odd photograph. You won't listen to this message, I know, but you should. You really need to look at the history of very large companies that have not paid attention to their customers. I'm one old guy, but where there is one, there are others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would also like to add my 2 cents here. I absolutely despise subscriptions. They are not useful to the average individual free-lancer, they are not useful to a small agency, and they are also not useful to a large agency. Companies that design print products for sale would benefit from a subscription, but those items are excluded from your licensing. How do i know this... well, over the course of my 23 year career... i've worked in all of these situations.

The reality is that in design, the ups and downs of client needs are always going to vary. Therefore it is difficult to predict what you might need or how much you might need at any given time.  I have had subscriptions in the past as a freelancer and as part of a small group, and I have worked for large companies who had a subscription...and in every single case it's been a waste of money. At no time does the subscription work for the purchaser efficiently on a regular month-to-month basis... there are always ups and downs in which clients you have and what their projects entail. Clients & projects that need a lot of stock imagery go active and inactive, come and go... it's not always a  monthly thing. Because of this, the purchaser is always going to be in a deficit when they use a subscription. They will always end up  "paying more" because they can't use all of the downloads before they expire.

The only people a subscription is useful to is the company who is issuing the subscription. Why? Because it becomes a regular source of revenue. Offering exclusively subscription based is a dishonorable way to do business.  And i will be going elsewhere for my photo needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say exactly the same as above. I tried the free 30 day trial and got 10 images a while back.  But today for a specific project I need 3 simple images.  I don't need 5 or 10 or a month or a year.  I just want 3 images.

I am working in website development and pay a hefty subscription for illustrator and don't want to pay for any subscriptions.  Please listen to all these potential customers you are losing.  Per photo instant purchasing......no subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, no single-image purchases? Seeing as how some (most?) of the same images are on Thinkstock which DOES allow for single-image purchasing, I'll stick with them. Bummer about Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed I am a writer who needs a one off purchase for a book cover.

I have no intention of taking any sort of subscription, as knowing my luck I will forget it and will end up paying for something I am not using at all.

Why can we not just purchase what we need as we need it? Not everyone is a business so it is vastly unfair to the individual to expect us to agree to this.

The price of a single image has increased by £4 (£5.99 to £9.99) I will be taking my business elsewhere it seems.

Disgusted by this and the fact no one bothered to reply to my question which was the same as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started