• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have also had this problem a couple of times - the buttons to license are so close and similar to the save preview button!

I have accidentally licensed Asset #27855836 to my account this morning whilst trying to save only previews. Can I please arrange an unlicense / credit?

Many thanks in advance,

Kylie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kylie,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Stock file, I have added 1 image license to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally licensed #100324173 ​
I don't intend to use this image. Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allie,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Stock file, I have added 1 image license to your account so that you use it against a different image.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've accidentally licensed image #194067101 could you please recreddit my account so i can download the one i originally intended to license please

Regards,

Fran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fran,

Sorry for the trouble it has caused you.

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Stock file, I have added 1 image license to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe staff,

I also have accidentally licensed a photo (124595815)

It would be grateful, if this license could be deleted and a credit back to my account.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moon,

Sorry to hear that.

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Stock file, I have added one image license to the user's account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it be so much easier to add an "UNlicense" button?

I had to just download and license 3 different images so that I could open them up to see the details (type) in the photos to see whether or not they would work. One will work, the other two will not work. I really wish I could just view my license history, and uncheck/return the two that I will not be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spencer,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Our Adobe Stock team is already working on this request ("UNlicense" button) to reduce the incidents of accidental licensing.

Meanwhile, could you please share the file IDs which you have accidentally licensed so that we can further assist you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It would also be great to be able to really zoom in on a preview image (or download a high res comp/sample) before licensing an image.

These are the two we won’t be using:

#88806169 <https://stock.adobe.com/images/modern-technologies-in-business/88806169>

#88806169 <https://stock.adobe.com/images/modern-technologies-in-business/88806169>

SPENCER

JACOBS

Creative Director

<removed by the moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spencer,

Thanks for sharing the file IDs, I noticed that both the IDs are similar and hence I have added 1 image license to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there were actually three.

the first two i couldn’t use because the type in the images conflicted with the direction of what we’d be using it for.

the third one is the one we’re actually keeping:

#116440888 <https://stock.adobe.com/images/innovative-technologies-for-business-mixed-media/116440888>

SPENCER

JACOBS

Creative Director

<removed by the moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have accidentally licence a photo (FILE #: 177726329), please help to delete this licence.

And it will be great if Stock will prompt a message and ask user to confirm purchasing the photo.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear that.

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Stock file, I have added 1 image license to the user's account.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally licensed photo #49733646 and need to unlicense it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beverley, how are you?

I was wondering how does it works if we got the wrong image? I supposed to get the 4007562 but I've got the 4007572. Could you help me with that?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renata,

I'm sorry to hear that. I checked your Stock download history and it seems that you'd downloaded the file ID 4007572

Did you license it accidentally?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally licensed this photo: Sexy girls in lingerie on a dark background - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Ado...

Is there any way I can unlicense this and receive a credit back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brielle,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I unknowingly used up all my licenses for my plan. What I though was 'saving preview to my library' was actually buying. The user experience is not user friendly at all. When I finally found the actual stock image I wanted I realized I had used all mine up and can't get that actual license. Is there any way to return those licenses?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elisabeth,

There is no way to unlicense those images but I'd suggest you to Contact Customer Care so that the support can check if there are any exceptions that can be made.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Unfortunately, I seem to have the same problem as others who've posted in this thread. I have a 10-image-per-month Adobe Stock account, but it applies only to standard images. I just accidentally downloaded an image that I wanted as a "standard" image, but inadvertently download it as a "premium" image, so I was charged $264.99 additional for it. It is order ADB044649162 and was processed today 11/2/2018.

Can you credit my account for that purchase and rescind my access to the premium image?
Thanks much!
John Leh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm afraid I made the same mistake as the others here. Thought I saved for preview but a picture was accidentally licensed.

The picture in question has file number 116762636

Thank you.

PS. I suggest you implement a confirmation button for this because it seems to happen to a lot of people. It would save you a lot of grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started