• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I unlicense something that I purchased accidentally?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now figuring out this adobe stock and there are buttons all over to license stuff, and I can't see any prices anywhere.  I apparently have x photos that I can license as part of my subscription, but as I was traversing the site trying to see what stuff costs I ended up accidentally licensing a photo twice.  It really needs more feedback on what I am about to do.  So, how do I un-license the extra copy of a photo?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Hi there

I've added a license credit to your account to replace the duplicate image ordered in error.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi K.,

Apologies, I only now saw your post. I don't see a record of you contacting customer care under the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. I'm sorry you had a poor experience if you decide to renew your Adobe Stock subscription by the 19th, thirty days from when you closed your most recent subscription, I can assist you with receiving a replacent for the accidental licenses.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 712 Replies 712
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Adobe Stock image, I have added 1 free license to your account so that you can use that against this purchase.

Hope that helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally licensed image #94082701. Could I get the credit returned if possible?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Adobe Stock image, I have added 1 free license to your account so that you can use that against this purchase.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just now mistakenly license image 31184794​.  Seems the button is in the wrong location.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherry,

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally licensed image  #242170913. Can this be reversed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christoph,

Sorry for the trouble it has caused to you.

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Adobe Stock file, I have added 1 image license to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

You sent this communication to me in error. I am not Christoph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Unfortunately I too have run into the same problem as many people here. Not knowing what I was doing, I accidentally downloaded  this license #259018990 - and do not need it. Would it be possible for this to be reversed? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annabelle,

Since you have accidentally licensed 1 Adobe Stock file, I have added 1 image license to your account so that you can use it against a different image.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena, could you also revoke licence on my accidentally purchased #30235413 too please. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was browsing through images and accidentally licensed File#195697328.  Is it possible to unlicense this and get my credit back?

Thank you!

Joleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joleen,

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accidentally licensed a photo to my account, the license button is so easy to accidentally hit. How can I remove this photo from my purchased images?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hayley,

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sheena,

I was wondering if might ask for your assistance. I started my first month of Adobe stock today and the first item I licensed turned out to be a mistake. It was for file #216549725. Hoping I could replace this image for something else in the library.

Thanks,

Payton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Payton,

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I have accidentally licensed a font...I was simply trying to enlarge the thumbnail to get a better look at the font and ended up licensing it. Can this be helped? The font is: 

Thanks in advance,

Kinga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi K. S.,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've confirmed you've licensed this asset and have granted you a replacement license.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

New to creative cloud and instead of previewing an asset I licensed it. Would I be able to receive credit back for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M. R.,

I've confirmed that you licensed the asset and granted you a replacement license.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I accidentally licensed 144216734 didn't realize I was logged in with my work account, and not my personal account (the profiles dropdown). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have added a replacement license to your account.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me twice this week. Adobe took care of it over the phone, but the 2nd credit required "upper management to authorize the credit" before it could be issued. 

My suggested fix: Add the OPTION to TURN-OFF the Instant-License option when I am browsing/searching images (Big Blue Button that shows up on hover). When I am choosing photos for comps, I will quickly click on the potential images. That button shows up on hover and I can click before I even see it. Plus, when using a touch screen or trackpad, it is much easier to accidentally tap on that License button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I made same mistake,

Bought image #286304214, because I wanted to zoom in photo, not to buy it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started