Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to properly credit an Adobe stock image

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the EXACT format to use when placing a copyright/credit on an Adobe stock image?

For example, which of the following do I need?

A) Adobe stock credit

B) artist's name

C) Image #.

PLEASE do not direct me to the Adobe terms of use as I have not found the format clearly outlined/articulated there. Thanks!

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

"© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine.  You can put your logo or any text on top of an image.

I'm not sure if it's clear in this thread, but the only time you need to credit the photographer is when the image is used editorially - news article, book, etc.

"for all Works used in an editorial manner, you must display the credit line or attribution in conjunction with the Work and in this format: ‘‘Author Name/stock.adobe.com""

So, not on headers, or other promotional uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Twarita! I created a picture with two images from two different artists at Adobe Stock, I got licenses for both of them. I am wondering if it is correct to credit as " © [artist A] [artist B] /Adobe Stock". Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wei,

You need to give the credits if the image is used unmodified.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena! Thanks for the reply. I need to modify one image [artist A] using some elements from another image [artist B] (got licenses for both). How should I correctly cite then if I want to make it clear? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can credit them separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Piggy backing on this answer here. My publication uses multiple adobe stock images in one layout, of course we credit every image we use. We place the image credits along the inner bleed of the page all together.To save space in the publication, is it possible group the artsits the same style that weis53096463 referenced? ( [artist A]; [artist B]/stock.adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This follow-up question is about a modified image drawing (not a photograph). If, for example, the color of a drawing has been changed, is the credit format the same, i.e.:

"© [Author] /Adobe Stock"

OR, should the credit line be changed to reflect that the original image has been modified, such as:

"Cover image adapted from image © [Author] /Adobe Stock"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

The credit line has to be in the format as mentioned in the document below:

Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

so now we all know how to format the credit from a Stock image, the only question that's left is WHERE to put it.

I'm doing different wbsites, so do I have to put the credit right under the image?

Or am I able to collect all of the credits and put them in the site notice?

PLEASE do not direct me to the Adobe terms of use as I have not found the format clearly outlined/articulated there. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabines93824342,

The credits can appear anywhere on the image.

The credits need to appear on the image.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an oracle card deck and used a picture from Adobe Stock. I actually contacted the artist and even credited him. Is crediting him in the booklet enough? I don't want writing to be on the actual card as the cards need to be in uniform? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find any format specified in the link you reference.

Please give me an example of how to credit a drawn image that has been modified (such as changing the color).

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

If you are using an unmodified image from Adobe Stock, you must include a credit line to the photographer. Please see the credit line which should be included "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

If you are using a modified image, then the credit line becomes optional (It entirely depends on the modification, if only the image is heavily modified then the credit is not required. If the changes are minor for example only colour change etc, then the credit line will be required: "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”).

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: If we use your images as part of a magazine do we need to credit each image on the page as this starts to look messy. Can we not just put a credit on the contents page to Adobe Stock????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen,

You can put the credit line on the contents page. Please see the credit line which should be included "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

I would also like to let you know that if you are using more than one asset from Adobe Stock, you must include the names of different photographers/ contributor(the one who's artwork you are using).

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to clarify, when I use images on my website do I need to add © [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock” to each image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one additional question here. I use images on my website. Copyright is not visible on screen because image is aligned to center but is added on image itself. Is that enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I believe the credit should be visible if it's on the image.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Thank you very much for prompt response.

I'm sorry for bothering you but this is little bit confusing for me and I need to understand. I have never seen copyright on images from stock on other websites, are everyone break the law? Also I have read that copyright protection is automatic, meaning the work is presumed to be authors. Although many people use the copyright symbol © as a way of saying, “Hey, this stuff is all mine!”, the symbol is no longer legally required.

Please can you with certainty say  and confirm that © [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock must be manually integrated to all images from adobe stock and will be fully visible on image that is used in website design? Is it required by law? I think it is impossible in some cases as in website design screen resolution changes with different devices, only option to keep copyright visible is to write copyright in the middle of image. For example here >> https://www.insightmultimedia.ie/​ .

With respect and regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

As per my understanding, if you put the credit line on the image itself but it isn't visible to anyone it is not serving the purpose.

However as per the law, it says that if you are using the image as it is unmodified then you must credit the author in the format © [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock which can be anywhere on the website.

You can have a separate section for credits and put all the credit there including the one of the images used.

I hope that clears the confusions.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means, That I can use a directory off all Photos in the Imprint instead a name line at every picture of the site ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

Are you referring to the Image end credits?

Kanika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry this is a totally different note.

Im a film in my first year, and we made a short film for our school project. We have used an Adobe stock image and i would like to know how i am able to credit the Adobe stock image in the end credits. Is there a certain format i need to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelsea,

Yes, the format should be "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I would like to use a non-editorial stock photo on a wall in one of our stores and will have a text overlay. Do I need to add the copyright? If so, how do I combine the copyright with our company copyright that must be included on all our communication?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started