• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to track views of specific images on your website? Also Adobe Stock Library Question?

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, how are you all doing today?

I did a bit of research on how to track views of a specific image on my website.  I learned a bit about Google Analytics and tweaking it for my specific site.  But I am still wondering what the pros on .ai use?

Thank you.

Also why is it so darn hard to move an image item I am considering to a Library I created in Adobe Stock.  I click on the item to open its window.  I see the option: "Save to Library".  But it doesn't put the possible image into the library I want to save it in.  It puts it in a default library of downloads.  What is going on with this website?

Again: Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Your texts make me "dizzy". We are here to talk about Adobe stock. If you use other platforms, you need to follow their guidance.

But it is not Adobe's task or anyone else's task to tell you how you track your website uses. And it's off-topic here, as this is not about websites, but about stock.

If you use a service provider and a CMS or web server, you will find this information with them. The only thing I can tell you is that there exist tools to analyse this (and Google Analytics is not t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Stock question, if you click the Manage you should be able to set the default library stock images are getting saved to. ^DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_1-1721923088798.png

The manage option appears shortly after licensing an asset or after “Save to library”. Click the mage link.

Abambo_0-1721922589473.png

You can then change the default library (1), if you have the auto-save (2) on. If you set "auto-download" on (3),

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bit of research on how to track views of a specific image on my website.  I learned a bit about Google Analytics and tweaking it for my specific site.  But I am still wondering what the pros on .ai use?

By @BlueDog007

Google Analytics is not a product of Adobe. You won't find much help on that here, and especially not on the stock forum. I suggest you try a Google support forum for that. For general information on websites and statistics, I suggest you check out the support pages of your provider respectively the support pages of your webserver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo:

Thank you for your reply.  However, in my opinion, Adobe, or any company for that matter, who wants to put limits on the number of views of an asset--that company needs to instruct its users how to do this.  Period!  No Excuses!  There is absolutely no excuse for not educating people how to do this.  This is not up to a debate either.  They--all these companies--are setting up legal parameters for users to follow, then be detailed enough to instruct us users how to say within their expectations.

I've done some initial research on how to do this, but why should I worry about if my own decision is sufficient enough to protect my legal usage of their expectations?

I do not want to spend my time in this chat on this subject matter.  For I plan on speaking to customer service at Adobe about this topic.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo:

Thank you for your reply.  However, in my opinion, Adobe, or any company for that matter, who wants to put limits on the number of views of an asset--that company needs to instruct its users how to do this.  Period!  No Excuses!  There is absolutely no excuse for not educating people how to do this.  This is not up to a debate either.  They--all these companies--are setting up legal parameters for users to follow, then be detailed enough to instruct us users how to say within their expectations.

I've done some initial research on how to do this, but why should I worry about if my own decision is sufficient enough to protect my legal usage of their expectations?

I do not want to spend my time in this chat on this subject matter.  For I plan on speaking to customer service at Adobe about this topic.  Thank you.

By @BlueDog007

Tell me, my friend: where do you see a limit in the number of views of an asset?

Abambo_0-1722006884114.png

But even if you would have a limit, implementing and checking that limit would always be your responsibility, as Adobe does not control the technology you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABAMBO:

Thank you for pointing out what is said in Adobe Standard Licensing.

You know, I realize that I may have extended my discontent about another platform onto Adobe' terms.  But it is hard sometimes to separate all the legalities that you have to read, at least once, across several platforms that sell image assets.

For example, see Vecteezy.com, Pexels.com, unsplash.com, and iStock.  Now, I'm not going to study each of these image asset platforms right now to pull various terms to prove my point.  But I know Vecteezy' terms really peeved me.  For the moment, I am new to these types of terms.  I guess in time, when I get more experience with how to track the number of times an image is seen or used, then maybe I may take another look at Vecteezy.com, because a few of the vector image assets were super welldone.  But I didn't feel comfortable with their terms, at all, considering my level of experience at this point in time

No matter, however, if some of these platforms are going to put these use limitations on their image assets, etc., then what I am saying here is simply this: Show me how to keep track of things to help me stay in sync with your legal limitations.  Tell me what website app you recommend to help me stay withing your legal guidelines.  Don't leave the decision up to me because I may make an incorrect decison.

I am one to do whatever I can to do things legally.  I don't want to take a chance that I've decided something incorrectly.  Tell me instead exactly how you want me to track things.

Okay, in an earlier post, I said I didn't want to get wrapped up in a long debate or chat about my point of view.  But I added this comment because Abambo was nice enough to point me to how Adobe does things.

Just try and understand how difficult it is to read all these different terms of use from different platforms and remember all the details described.  It's enough to make you "dizzy" and burn the heck out of your eyes while trying to understand all the legalees.

Hope you understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2024 Jul 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your texts make me "dizzy". We are here to talk about Adobe stock. If you use other platforms, you need to follow their guidance.

But it is not Adobe's task or anyone else's task to tell you how you track your website uses. And it's off-topic here, as this is not about websites, but about stock.

If you use a service provider and a CMS or web server, you will find this information with them. The only thing I can tell you is that there exist tools to analyse this (and Google Analytics is not the only option). All web servers create a logging that you can analyse with tools. Some CMS have these tools integrated, some CMS need you to install plug-ins. If you really want to create a website, you should ask a professional to do that. In all cases, you need to know the licensing terms for all stuff that you put on the web. And it's not like Adobe will provide you with legal advice, nor will I, nor will anyone else. Even lawyers won't provide you with legal advice above the level that is common knowledge (like "Read the licensing terms").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo:

First, I read your recent response.  I get what you are saying.  I thank you for pointing out what you pointed out.  I also marked your last response as the Correct Answer.

However, earlier on in this thread, I indicated I did not want to get into a debate about all this.  I didn't want to waste your time.  I did not want to make you feel "dizzy".  And just to let you know iStock on Adobe Stock has their terms too.  Let's end this here and now.

I will look into your advice.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started