• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought images from Adobe Stock and was sued by another company. What should I do? I am in China.

Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a material with the number 624947429 not long ago, and then was sued for pirating because I didn't download the authorized invoice at that time. Later, I downloaded the same material with the number 796445762 again. This time I downloaded the invoice. How can I be provided with evidence that I can use this material? Can the author issue a certificate of originality on my behalf?

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I be provided with evidence that I can use this material? Can the author issue a certificate of originality on my behalf?

By @

The author can't issue a certificate of originality. The best option if you are being sued is to talk to a lawyer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By buying and downloading an asset from Adobe Stock you are accepting Adobe's license agreement. That agreement, along with proof that you downloaded the asset from Adobe stock, is your proof that you have the rights to use the asset.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can the author issue a certificate of originality on my behalf?

By @

You can only be sued by the rights' holder. You go to your account (https://stock.adobe.com/Dashboard/LicenseHistory) check the asset, screen copy the licensing

Abambo_0-1721158756376.png

...and send that proof to the one suing you.

If that is not enough, you need to contact Adobe. See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/fotolia-gt-adobe-migration-zugriff-auf-den-alten-li...

If you are getting sued, you need to react fast.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started