• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I canselled Stock before free trial ended and I'm still charged?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moi Adobe!

I tried to solve my problem in your chat, but i didn't get any help. Just got rude answer that I should read yor terms and conditions... Not so pleasant experience.

I ordered Stock free trial at the beginnig of October. I ended the free trial before 30 days in my Adobe account way it's informed to do, that was end of the same month. I got the text on the screen that my order is now canselled and welcome again to use Stock etc. I couldn't expect any e-mail or anything, I thought that was like that.

Now after two month, I noticed that Adobe has charged already twice 37,19€ from my credit card. I haven't got any receipt or notice, that my order is still going. I just get e-mail and receit every month that my CS is now paid but nothing about Stock... Now I'm very upset, as a student that amount is much too much for me and I don't even use the product. I'm paying for nothing and I really quit that free trial. Is there any sign in your register that I really finished my order? 

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that you were connected with an agent who offered to have someone contact you at your phone number. I also see that the initial agent you spoke with offered a refund. You'll want to mention this when you speak the agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understood that way in chat, that it's possible to make refund. Then the person changed in chat, who I was chatting with. I wanted to make sure, that my problem will be solved and asked if it's possible to have help in finnish (even Apple has a local customer service in finnih language). Then person took my number and wrote that he will arrange this. After 20 minutes I got call from India or somewhere other side of the globe. That "customer helper" just didn't start to talk anything about refund, he just kept advertising how good product this Stock is. And with very quickly speaking, strongly indian way pronouncing, and Im very sorry but I coudn't understand much what he was saying. He kept speaking at the same time with me, and I said that I don't want to continue this conversation anymore because I felt he did't listen to me and kept speaking very unpolitely same time at me. When I explained that I canselled the order and could see the notice on screen that it was canselled, he kept saying that I should have separate e-mail when the order is canselled (How should I know that?) and I shoud read Terms and Conditions. I noticed that I'm not the first one with problems to cancel free trial of Stock. Please help me! I just don't want to pay for nothing, specially when the price is much too high for a student!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact again customer service via chat. That's the easiest way to keep trace of the communication and will help you if you need to escalate. Give the case number attributed to the agent and ask for the refund. Don't let you talk into a two or three months free extension. That does not help you, but is part of the “standard” customer retention policy. As EBQ suggested, you should remind the customer service agent that you have been offered a refund. That will highly accelerate the understanding.

Even that it is great to have customer service in one's own language, it is difficult to maintain a qualified group of people in every language possible. For me too, it is impossible to get customer support in my native language, so I understand your pain. I even have to phone internationally to get support. I'm not complaining, however. When I started with Adobe, Adobe even didn't have my country in their list when I registered my products. That are the facts of live…

Apple is, since they entered the music player and phone market, a company selling consumer products. They probably have more sales in small countries than Adobe in the entire Europe. Adobe in contrast is providing products mostly to professionals, which by itself is a different target as a customer base, even that some of Adobe's products are also highly successful in the non-professional market.

This said, it should never be an excuse for bad customer service. However, my experience with customer service is that they are helpful. Most of the troubles with cancelling are indeed problems where the user did some handling mistake or simply forgot to cancel in time. I've found that customer service is handling those cases in favour of the customer.

You also have to consider the fact that people only complain when something goes wrong. Even if I claim here that Adobe has fewer consumer customers, I believe that the customer base is considerable and most customers are satisfied with the service.

FYI: I am not an Adobe employee, but a user who was awarded the “honorary title” Adobe Community Professional by Adobe for my efforts here in the forums.

For your reference, please find hereafter the instructions to again contact customer service:

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking. All information was provided to assist OP and OP did contact customer care, subscription is in the process of cancelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started