• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I tried to cancel my free trial, adobe didn't let me, now I'm being billed $250+

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually cancelled my adobe stock subscription before the trial ended, but in January I was billed for it. I contacted support multiple times. The first 3 representatives prematurely closed the chat for no reason. The last one told me my trial was successfully cancelled.

However, I checked my bank account today and I have a $43.99 bill from Adobe stock, as well as an upcoming $28.78 charge, so I logged in and somehow I was signed up for Adobe stock. I manually cancelled it but I was told I'd be charged a $200 fee.

Adobe, please cancel this properly and refund me. This was not an error on my part, there is something wrong with your system or your support reps are not doing their jobs properly (probably both).

I refuse to be unfairly charged for these fees. Is there anyone else I can contact? I don't trust the people at helpx.adobe.com/  because they didn't actually cancel my subscription when I asked them to.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Hi Wilson,

Apologies for this, we will be happy to follow up. Let us know in case of any further help.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now support is telling me to wait until the charge shows up in my card, then I can ask for a refund. I'm pretty skeptical that I'll ever see that money, but hopefully at least now Adobe will stop billing me for this nonsense. Will update this as it goes.

But seriously this sounds like a very, very common issue....

Re: Can't cancel Adobe Stock plan!!

Ordered trial and cancelled same day but have been getting charged monthly.

Didn't mean to subscribe to Adobe Stock

Re: Nightmare to cancel Adobe Stock

I was recently billed $29.99 for my second month - can I cancel with no penalty?

How do I cancel Annual Subscription...did not sign up for this!

Cannot cancel 'Adobe Stock -10 images a month (one-year)' plan

cancel the adobe stock subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilson,

I apologize for the support experience that you've been through but trust me, this is not what Adobe wants to provide you as a service.

In order to get this issue resolved for you completely this time, I am looping in our billing expert Rajashree Bhattacharya​ who will fix the issue for you and update you.

Let me know if you still face any issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the monthly fee refunded, but the $213 cancellation fee is still there. I've talked to support two times but they're still in the process of "escalating" to senior staff... Can your billing expert please look into this?

But seriously this shouldn't happen. I'm probably never going to touch anything adobe again other than photoshop (because I have to for work). Look at how many people have the same issue: https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=cancel&place=%2Fplaces%2F6117366&depth=ALL Not impressed at all with customer service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajashree Bhattacharya​ can you please look into this concern you the customer as per his request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... Still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally was refunded, 3 weeks after requesting... And I still lost $10 because of currency exchange. This was a totally unnecessary and extremely convoluted process to prevent me from cancelling. It's laughable how basically every post on this forum is about it and the moderators rush to mark our problems as solved without actually doing anything (probably to hide/cover up the issue, cause solving problems is hard).

I will never touch adobe stock again and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilson,

Apologies for this, we will be happy to follow up. Let us know in case of any further help.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same thing and I will be telling everyone I know to avoid Adobe. I never signed up to a year contract and thought I could just month by month basis. When I cancelled I have now been charged £45 to cancel early. I am really disappointed that a huge business like this treats its customers. Word of mouth will eventually go round how they operate. Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact customer care, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, for assistance with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - Just got off chat (after great difficulty even finding it).  Spent an hour with the agent, who was actually qualified, however.  I had spent months prior trying to fathom how to stop the recurring billing on a two month offer.

I started my chat with "How do I get out of this billing nightmare?"  A-Dopey has gotten too big and successful and feel customer service is now optional.  That begins their death spiral as better competitors will move in, just like AT&T's bad CS killed their cell phones, etc.

HERE'S THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT LIVE NUMBER I MANGAGED TO OBTAIN:  1800/833-6687  Haven't called it yet, but they guaranteed it will be good......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started