Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Licensing for App

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm not sure which license I need to purchase for images that I will be using for games that are apart of one educational app. These images won't be the primary value but will be used to enhance the experience. The main value is actually the experience and the images just enhance that or allow that to happen effectively. The users certainly won't be purchasing the app solely based on the images. This app will be for sale. Since it's an app, it shouldn't have to adhere to the 500k views as stated in the terms.

Please let me know if I am understanding all of this correctly or not. I would like to know which license I can use for these images (and would also like to save thousands of dollars, if possible!)

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Hi Evienne,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

In accordance to your requirement, stated above, you may use a standard license only if you are combining a few images from Adobe Stock and modifying them to use in the app which is intended to be used for sale.

However, if you are using a single image, you will be requiring an Extended license. Though the image may not a primary feature but it will definitely enhance the visibility of the game.

For more information, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see here:

Using Adobe Stock assets in iOS app

License Clarification in Commercial Mobile App

Re: Can I use photos (with a standard license) in a tutorial on a app?

Please update if those threads do not answer your question.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those don't really help.

Can I just assume that I need the Standard License because even though the app will be sold:

1. The art will be modified some

2. The art is not the primary value

3. And the 500k limit doesn't apply because it will be in an app or website?

I just want to make sure I'm interpreting the terms correctly.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Evienne,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

In accordance to your requirement, stated above, you may use a standard license only if you are combining a few images from Adobe Stock and modifying them to use in the app which is intended to be used for sale.

However, if you are using a single image, you will be requiring an Extended license. Though the image may not a primary feature but it will definitely enhance the visibility of the game.

For more information, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock? for more details.

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started