• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legal ?-Using Adobe Stock to create composite Fine Art Photography

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experimenting using Adobe stock to create composite or collage images that I am then turning into tintype photographs.

It's an interesting process but my concern is that a few galleries are interested in displaying and selling these creations and I want to have a solid handle on the legal issues that may arise.  If I were to print and sell the final pieces, I would do limited editions of 15.  I'm also interested in making a fine art book at some point if I continue in this vein.  Currently I have licensed all the images I have used with just the standard license...not the extended that Adobe offers.

Can someone let me know if my usage of these various images with the standard license is still legal if I decide to sell limited edition prints?

Or...make a book and sell that book?

Please keep in mind that the final image is a physical tintype (made out of metal and chemicals) using a negative that I have digitally created using Adobe stock imagery. 

I am happy to give original credit for each element of each image used to the original creator. 

(Adobe published a tutorial on using stock to create composites that this artist uses for editorial I think....but no mention of licensing parameters was mentioned)

Create a digital collage with Adobe Stock |

Below are two stock images I licensed and the final tintype image I created using those licensed images...

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 10.30.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 10.29.55 AM.png

FINAL TINTYPE:

3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

If there is a chance they will be sold you will need the extended licenses for each image. Nice work, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a chance they will be sold you will need the extended licenses for each image. Nice work, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ce sujet m'intéresse aussi, je fais la même chose, dans un autre genre. Et au niveau des crédits, faut il créditer Adobe Stock ? et le nom du créateur de l'image ? Merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il me semble que votre sujet est différent. Si vous utilisez les actifs d’une manière éditoriale, vous devez créditer comme il est indiqué dans les conditions de licence.

Regardez ici pour plus d’informations sur les licences : https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Avis de non-responsabilité : comme toujours en matière de licence, il s’agit de mon interprétation des règles. Je pense qu’elles sont correctes et les conseils sont basés sur la lecture et l’interprétation des conditions de licence et sur l’utilisation équitable tant pour l’acheteur que pour l’artiste/la société de gestion de stock, mais je ne peux pas exclure que mon interprétation soit erronée. Je ne suis pas un employé d’Adobe).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci @Abambo pour votre réponse. Je rentre dans le cas de figure d'exposition à venir et peut être de vente. Voici un exemple de ce que je fais en compositing. C'est donc de la création à visée expo ou revente tirage limité.
Qu'en pensez-vous ? Il me faut donc une licence étendue également mais pas de nécessité de créditer si ?
Bien à vous.

Alice-Copyright-Webkis.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C'est l'utilisation qui détermine si vous devez créditer l'auteur. Dans un cas d'utilisation éditoriale, vous devez créditer l'auteur. Si vous vendez des posters, vous n'avez pas besoin d'indiquer le nom de l'auteur.

Votre travail et votre transformation sur les actifs n'ont aucune influence sur ce point, sauf si vous prenez une licence pour des images à usage exclusivement éditorial. Mais ces images ne sont pas disponibles pour des licences étendues. Et ces images ne peuvent pas être transformées comme les autres actifs. La seule action autorisée est essentiellement le recadrage.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started