• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

( Mind Blowing!! ) Cancellation of Adobe Stock Subscription and Request for a Refund

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize I have been subscribing to Adobe Stock for 7 months until I check the billing information on my account today. I have checked other posts on the same topic and over 90% of them face the same issue as I do-- they subscribe to a year plan for adobe stock without knowing about it. Adobe will give you one month for free but fail to inform you that will be charged $30 USD per month for the next year. 

Now, neither could I cancel the subscription to Adobe Stock because I 'subscribed' to a year plan nor would I add money to my credit card to have Adobe continuously charges me until I receive my refund for all the money that I pay for Adobe Stock and have my subscription to Adobe Stock canceled.

It is difficult to believe a big corporate like Adobe would use such a cheap method to steal money from their customers. It is really disappointing. It is basically a scam and I need a proper explanation for it! 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Brian,

• First: No one bills me regularly $30 without me noticing this for 7 months.
  • Second: It is clearly stated that you are taken an annual subscription paid by the month, first month free.
  • Third: You enter your credit card, as soon as I enter my credit card data, I know that there is a reason behind: I get billed.
  • Forth: You are unfortunately not the only one taking subscriptions, clicking though all terms and conditions not reading the clear information on the screen.
    Abambo_0-1619814480623.png
    (*the green marks are mine...)
    If you want to cancel, you can do so (cancel anytime): Cancel your Adobe Stock membership. If you get in trouble, look at my point 5.
  • Fifth: if you have read all those complaints, you know that you need to contact Adobe customer care if you can't self cancel. You can't self cancel if there are failed payments. Here on this forum we can't help you except directing you to the Adobe customer support: Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703)

I hope this is enough explanation for you. Please note that I'm not working for Adobe and that I volunteer to help other users. I have read the terms multiple times and yes, from time to time, they change and make them clearer for users like you. I'm sorry for your situation and that you have spent money on a service you did not properly use or need. However, it is not nice to accuse someone else for your mistakes. Please contact Adobe as indicated above and stay friendly and a helping person will try to do what can be done. I'm not certain, however, that I would refund you after 7 months. Maybe Adobe agrees to cancel free of charge if you are lucky, I can't speak for them on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have already told you I didn't receive any notification ( eg: email, SMS, etc ) saying that my account is getting charged by $30 USD each month until yesterday. Whether you receive it or not it is none of my concern because I am the one who hasn't received any messages regarding that billing information!

2, 3 & 4. The reason I gave the information of my credit card to Adobe was that I needed to subscribe to Creative Cloud but not Adobe Stock. Therefore, the screenshot u just took is meaningless coz I was filling in the information of my credit card and made a purchase of creative cloud instead of Adobe Stock. I have never been to the page u showed me before. If I had, I would have never subscribed to Adobe Stock. Also, I am not gonna waste my time calling customer service because I know it would be a waste of time. They will just put me on hold for 30 minutes and keep mumbling until I am tired out. I have seen plenty of examples online and I am not gonna do that. It would be even more efficient to just suspend my credit card and grab a new one.

My mistakes for what? My mistakes for not being smart enough to realize a big company like Adobe would rob money from their customers? Try to tell somebody else to be nice after they have been charged for something they didn't agree to purchase and see what result u will get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am not talking about a message from Adobe. I said: nobody charges my credit card for 7 months without me noticing. I check my bank statement. Incidentally, my credit cards are configured in such a way that I am informed immediately when it is charged. But that's not necessary here, because finding a regular charge for 7 months that I can't explain is simply not possible, unless of course you're sloppy with these things. For one month, it would be perfectly OK to overlook a "smaller" sum. But like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and btw: if you do not contact customer service, you won't get a resolution of your case. I don't know about your experiences, but the last time I contacted Adobe customer service I got an agent on the line in 5 minutes and I had several updates of my case, as I needed to do tests and report back and it worked fine and with acceptable turn arounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brian,

When you signed up for Creative Cloud, there was a checkbox that looked like this:

Frequently purchased with Creative Cloud:

Get 10 free Adobe Stock Images
  • 10 images/mo for US$29.99/mo
  • One month trial, risk-free
    [+] Add

Recurring billing starts only after your one month free trial ends.

Whether you remember or realize it now, you must have checked that box (which is always there) when going through the process of subscribing to Creative Cloud.

And the easiest way to get ahold of Customer Care is via live online chat, via the link shared below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I agree with Abambo. When you signed up for the free 30-day trial of Adobe Stock, it would have said:

By clicking "Agree and subscribe," you agree to the following: After your trial ends, you will be charged US$29.99 (plus tax) monthly and, at the end of your one-year term, your subscription will automatically renew monthly until you cancel (price subject to change). Cancel before your trial ends and you will not be charged. No annual commitment required after the first year. Cancel anytime via Adobe Account or Customer Support. You also agree to the Terms of Use and the Subscription and Cancellation Terms.

[That's an exact copy-and-paste.]

So Adobe does not "fail to inform you that will be charged $30 USD per month for the next year" after your first free month... It's exactly the opposite, in fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a joke ! My account has been debited £23,99 each day since a week and I didn't subscribe the appropriate service apparently as my scanner still doesn't work ! ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't have any service that auto-debits daily. They also don't debit for subscriptions that were not signed up for by customers.

I've been on these boards for over a decade and have never seen either of those.

Please contact Adobe Customer Care directly, as this is primarily a user-to-user forum and we fellow users cannot help you with payment issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started