Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music Video

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Community,

I have put together two music videos using video clips under the Extended licenses from the https://stock.adobe.com/uk/free/video Adobe Stock site and I am ready to upload to YouTube. I have clicked on the license button on each clip to accept the Extended license.

Before completing the final step of uploading my videos to YouTube, I would like to check that I fulfill the Adobe T&Cs. The music video has been created by chopping up video clips and joining parts together to form a much larger video. The video contains a logo and song title (with opacity set) over the top of the video footage towards the bottom of the left hand side of the screen, obscuring a small portion of the footage throughout the entirety of the video. In additional to acting as a music video, the work will be promotion for my music.

My first question is, can I use the stock video in this way?

https://stock.adobe.com/uk/license-terms

As an audiovisual work and under section 8 for the detailed agreement, I have added a Credits screen to the end of the video, listing all works used in the video through the format of:

[Contributor Name]/stock.adobe.com    |    Name of clip (as it appears in the stock footage page).

Where duplicate titles are concerned, I have referenced the ID number for the clip.

https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/cc/en/legal/servicetou/Stock-Additional-Terms-en_US-2021012...

My second question is, have I fulfilled all of the T&Cs? If anyone can advise me whether I have missed anything out, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

MP

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Evening Everyone,

Any chance a member of the Adobe team could look at my post? It would be much appreciated and I am eager to upload and get started.

I think it is worth adding I am not using any Adobe audio (sounds or music) in any videos.

Thanks,

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so after thoroughly reading the T&Cs in relation to my own circumstances, I now feel confident in posting my music video to YouTube. I have a few final questions first though, before I do and I will provide my thoughts. Please note that they are only thoughts, it is possible that I am wrong. I also accept that replies I receive are also thoughts and interpretations and may be wrong.

After reading through the current link (at time of posting) to the pdf at the bottom of the license-terms page:

Under 7.1 General Restrictions (A)

To be clear, no-one can access the stand-alone file so I think part 1 is covered. For part 2, the clips are joined to form the video with the majority trimmed in duration. My plan has been to add a logo/watermark over every clip towards the bottom left and song title obscuring part of each video clip. Therefore, I believe you cannot extract the full, clear, unedited video clip.

Any thoughts on whether that be a good interpretation of the rules? or am I off the mark?

To support 7.1 (H) I thought a credits screen with links to the video clip created by the Adobe Stock authors would be reasonable. I thought a credits screen would also be useful for 8 Attribution (B). The music video is an audiovisual production and thought it would be good attribution for Adobe Stock in accordance with industry standards. I have seen plenty of TV shows and videos with credits and therefore assume this would be reasonable. Any opinions would be appreciated.

My thoughts are for 3.1 (A) The purpose of the video is promotion of my music. The video is mainly there to stop people being bored with an otherwise blank or static screen and aid the promotion of my artistic creativity by visually drawing out changes to the dynamic of the song through a visual representation. Again, any thoughts on this would be helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to tell you and all others asking Adobe to answer licensing questions: Adobe does not answer such questions except to point to the licencing terms&conditions. There are legal reasons for this.

Now my thoughts:

You need to interpret the licencing terms in a sense that the licensed items have to be usable for you. So standalone means standalone and not an edited and mixed video with maybe also own content interwove. Adding a watermark is, however, a good idea. I would really add a watermark solely for marking my territory.

The credits' paragraph is quite flexible because it states that the credits need to appear there, where other credits appear. This says: Do as you do and as it is done normally in such a case, but add the credits.

I think your use case is why Adobe stock exists. So yes, if you feel confident that you followed the rules, go ahead. I am convinced that nobody should read the licensing terms in a way that makes the use of the assets impossible. Don't look for hidden hooks, there are none.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thank you for thoughts on this and for your participation in this discussion. In relation to your first paragraph about licensing questions and Adobe Employees, unless I have misinterpreted things (which I accept I may have), various posts seem to contradict what you have written. I have included a few examples below which I have used to help form my own opinion of what I can and cannot do directly based on the response of an Adobe Employee's feedback in a discussion. As a result, I see this feedback and forum as a 1+ positive thumbs up for Adobe.

Adobe Stock video used in corporate video. 

Can I use videos from Adobe Stock amongst my original content on YouTube videos. 

Re: Adobe Stock videos ok to upload to YouTube Vimeo. 

Can I make ad revenue from YouTube videos that use Adobe Stock videos. 

Can I use Adobe Stock footage in a video that itself generates no money but the video itself is also... 

and user experience Adobe Stock videos ok to upload to YouTube Vimeo. 

I actually really appreciate the clear and direct feedback from Adobe Employees Sheena Kaul and twaritar3263062 in their replies in the above posts and welcome their input into this discussion.

Completely agree with your point though. I am asking why Adobe Stock exists? can I use it in the way I want as a musician? I believe I can but I am new to this, have no prior experience and want to avoid issues down the line. I think this is a reasonable approach to take. Afterall, ignorance is no form of defence and here is a forum where I can ask questions and draw upon the experience of others.

One of the things that attracted to me to Adobe Stock is that it looks great and I think that it will work for me. This will be my first venture into the world of stock video usage for the promotion of my own work via visual media and I want to do everything reasonably in my power to unsure I have understood things correctly.

Thanks

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@A22368838xegx wrote:

Hi Abambo,

Thank you for thoughts on this and for your participation in this discussion. In relation to your first paragraph about licensing questions and Adobe Employees, unless I have misinterpreted things (which I accept I may have), various posts seem to contradict what you have written. I have included a few examples below which I have used to help form my own opinion of what I can and cannot do directly based on the response of an Adobe Employee's feedback in a discussion. As a result, I see this feedback and forum as a 1+ positive thumbs up for Adobe.

Sorry, but do not look at old posts. Rules change, and clearly they have changed. Sheena and Twaritar do not participate anymore here. There assumptions may or may not be true for the current situation. The licensing terms have been adapted in the meantime.

This is the current valid position of Adobe employees: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/adobe-stock-videos-for-music-video/m-p/12703235#M62...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I have the read the posts with interest and am in a similar position about to upload videos with my own music. Am I correct in assuming that if credits are given and a watermark used, I will categorically be within the Adobe terms and conditions when I upload videos onto Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo.

My frustration is that a key purpose of a forum is to ask and answer questions. A key benefit being that once answered for one person, other people in the same boat can obtain the same information and thus reduce support calls to Adobe. I feel like my questions have been closed down by pointing to terms and conditions.

I understand that there are legal reasons as to why Adobe employees cannot answer questions but how are we meant to get clarification if no-one from Adobe engages on these matters through their own forum? Seeing answers to the other posts gave me hope but you mention Sheena and Twarirar do not participate here anymore. Several months on and I am still not 100% certain. I do not have the funds to consult a lawyer and really feel I shouldn't need to.

For reference, I have used stock from another company in the past. When I have needed clarification, I have called them up, had a direct yes and no answer and then adapted my work to suit. Do you know if Adobe have a support telephone number for the UK which offers a similar service? I think my next step will be to see what other support options are available and get in contact directly.

Failing that, sadly I believe I have little choice but to give up and look elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

For what it's worth, I ended up going onto Adobe chat and obtained a UK based telephone number for support. I selected option 3 for stock and spoke to a member of the Adobe support team about exactly how I intended to use the video, clarified my usage points and a few extra points not covered in this post. I had very clear answers about what is acceptable and what is not. I found the support call incredibly helpful.

As a result, I am now satified that I have fulfilled the terms and conditions in my specific circumstances (as covered during the telephone call) and I will upload my videos. In the future, I am just going to go straight to telephone support and I feel I could have saved myself a lot of time by doing this instead of posting to the forum.

Thank you,

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone looking for phone numbers: Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started