• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Must I transfer audio license to client for THEIR use on YouTube?

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, newbie stock user here. I have prepared a video for use by a client and I have licensed the audio from Adobe Stock. (The video portion is original.) I have the stock license code.

The client wants to upload the video to their YouTube channel. I know that YouTube may question the license... but the audio is licensed to me, not to the client. Must I transfer the license to the client for their YouTube upload or are they Okay to upload?

Thanks to the community as always.

-j

TOPICS
Account management , Audio , Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The customer has the right to use the video with the audio you licensed from Adobe stock. However, the customer needs to be able to prove that you did correctly licence the audio. You need to help the customer in that case. See here for more information: https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/adobe-stock-audio-content-id-claims.html#gs.c8dxfy

For this, they need the licence code that you need to transfer to your client. See here: https://stock.adobe.com/audio-copyright-claims

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started