• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview image differs slightly from downloaded image

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shown and downloaded preview image has a blue filter and an overall brighter look.

However, the licensed image is somewhat darker. Looks dull at my end.

Opened it in various apps, browsers, hardware acceleration on or off.

This is the first time I've noticed a difference between a licensed image and a sample one.

Thoughts, please? I'm not too fussed about a credit, although I won't use it because it is darker.

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Hi @Grant Barker,

I agree, it's not just darker but everything has a blue tint to it, including the skin tones. I'll have the content team review the asset to see if anything can be done. I have granted you a replacement license so you can choose another asset. Thanks for reporting this,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Grant Barker,

I agree, it's not just darker but everything has a blue tint to it, including the skin tones. I'll have the content team review the asset to see if anything can be done. I have granted you a replacement license so you can choose another asset. Thanks for reporting this,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I look forward to using the image if the uploader makes it like the sample image.
(I wonder how one goes about knowing if and when a more recent image is uploaded. I guess the number will change. I'll keep an eye on their collection.)
Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.

I've just noticed that I have 1 asset available in Adobe Stock.

I think I had about 30 available yesterday.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Grant Barker,

There won't be a replacement file with the same asset ID. If the file is removed a new file ID will be created.

I can see under your Adobe ID 29 assets, can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assets.png

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, it only shows as 1 asset on the home page. If I click on any other asset page, it now shows 39.

Maybe it's a bug in Edge or something. I haven't tried other browsers.

So, it's fine for now. Thanks for your time.

(If you needed to see more, I could record a screencapture video or something.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional information. I'll let our product team know. You may want to try clearing your browser history to see if that changes the behavior. Let me know if it does. We update the site every two weeks more or less. If you've been browsing for a while and there's been an update clearing history might resolve any anomalies. If it doesn't then yes, please share a video capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shown and downloaded preview image has a blue filter and an overall brighter look.

However, the licensed image is somewhat darker. Looks dull at my end.

Opened it in various apps, browsers, hardware acceleration on or off.

This is the first time I've noticed a difference between a licensed image and a sample one.

Thoughts, please?

By @Grant Barker

Did you check the colour profile? The requirement for Adobe stock contributors is to put the image in sRGB, but some uploaders don't check that correctly.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. In Photoshop, under Image - Mode - it says RGB Color / 8 Bits.
Thanks. Maybe the uploader can replace it with one similar to the sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started