• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Adobe Stock images

Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please give me an email address to write to regarding a couple of questions I have about the licensing and use of Adobe Stock images please? I'm anxious not to break any licensing rules and the terms don't seem to explain what I should do regarding my client's needs. 

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Images have to have releases or we cannot put them on the Adobe Stock site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the announcements at the top of the community home page. There is a post with links to terms and license information. We cannot provide you with advice on your specific needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Are you able to tell me though if the Adobe Stock photos all have Model and Property Releases please?

Are they all Royalty Free and would I be allowed to be use them for commercial purposes? 

Do you have an editorial section, not that I need editorial I just want to make sure I don't use them by mistake?

Many thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the terms & conditions at all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read a fair bit of information but I struggled to find information on model/property release, hence my question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't part of the terms, so it isn't part of any contractual promise. But I can tell you that Adobe do have strict rules about releases for photo contributors (which they are free to change). For example https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Releases cannot be inspected by purchasers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So if releases can't be inspected by purchasers to use on graphic design work who would be liable if the photographer has uploaded a photo or photos and hasn't got the necessary releases? I'd be really worried that it would be me (the graphic designer that might put a doc together with a photo in and it might not have the necessary releases)? I lose sleep over stuff like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will not answer questions about legal clarification: the license is ALL THERE IS and clarifications and promises would have ZERO VALUE. Non-Adobe people who are not lawyers are not allowed to offer legal advice: it's against the law in many countries (I have been told anecdotally). You must talk to your legal department or lawyer about such concerns.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, no problem, was just asking as you'd mentioned that purchasers cannot find out if an image has it's releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images have to have releases or we cannot put them on the Adobe Stock site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what happens when a contributor uploads a picture to Adobe stock (the procedure is however quite the same with other stock image providers):

All images are vetted for quality, logos and other elements in the image that may make them unusable for stock image buyers. If people are in the picture, a model release is required for each person in the image. If the image shows nu*dity, in addition to the model release, the uploader needs to prove that the model is 18+. The uploader certifies that he is the author of the work.

Images can be used royalty free according to the licensing terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started