Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular licenses

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to ask for additional details in regards to the license types and the “editorial use only” rules.

I am making a tour guide page and I would like to use stock images, that I have already been buying but not used yet. I am concerned of any potential small print that could get me into trouble for a breach that I may be unaware of.

So, if you may allow me to create a scenario that is more specific to me and explain to me if this is possible please?

• Can I use the images with regular licenses that have been acquiring through credits for the presentation of a tour or holiday for sale online? What if the pages are loaded millions of times?

• I am selling a tour to the historical sites that are on these images. Does the 500000 apply here? It isn´t an email, but it’s a product page that will be viewed lots of times…(hopefully)

• I am selling hotel rooms to guests where the feature of the trip are the historical sites on the images. The hotel booking page might have a slider with these images, is this ok?

• I am selling flight seats to guests where the feature of the trip are the historical sites on the images. The flight booking page might have a slider with these images, is this ok?

• My homepage with have “featured” images of tours with these images acquired on stock. Is this ok?
TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Stock.]

Editorial Use is for news articles.

You're using Stock images for commercial purposes  -- web, email, printed promotion & marketing materials for your services.  Therefore a Standard License is all you need.  See link below for comparison chart.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Stock.]

Editorial Use is for news articles.

You're using Stock images for commercial purposes  -- web, email, printed promotion & marketing materials for your services.  Therefore a Standard License is all you need.  See link below for comparison chart.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Websites are not limited to 500k views. The 500k limit applies to print and print-like products and if my memory is correct also for tv. 

So I agree with Nancy, a standard license based on the information you provided should be OK. Please note, however, that you will need a license per customer. If you are doing one slide show for hotel A and one for hotel B you will probably need 2 licenses of the same image. If you are creating a booking site for hotels and you have also the slide show on your site, then you will be good with one license. The rule is one license per final customer. If you are really unsure about the licensing terms, you should ask a lawyer specialized in this matter. But my understanding is that the terms are really clear and simple to understand.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started