• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection due to Intellectual Property

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image, file ID: 358634063, Freedom Square[BW] has been rejected due to IP. Is there a way to resubmit as Editorial? Any other way to make this image accepted by AS? Please guide me how to do that.Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Jan, To upload 1000 pictures of cars you will need 1000 property releases from the car makers. Some of them may cover more than one car of course.

Mo, no you cannot escape from IP rules by submitting as editorial. You need releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Anything that is a logo will make your upload fail. No property release will help here.To be able to upload pictures as illustrative editorial content you need to reach a certain rank in SALES, not uploaded pictures. Choose your pictures carefully and upload only those where you can edit out the logo. But be aware, some design elements make a car recognizable as a car of a certain make. Those will also be refused on the basis of IP.

And btw: we dont see your picture as it has been refused. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving from Download & Install to Adobe Stock.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't understand your reply. Please clarify. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted your question in the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.  I moved it to the more appropriate Adobe Stock forum where it belongs.

Please refer to the help article below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html#Intellectualproper...

"If your files contain certain elements that are protected by intellectual property laws, we can’t accept them into our collection. For more information, review our legal guidelines. These measures are in place to protect you, our contributor, as well as our customers and Adobe Stock."

Post back if you still have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a similar problem. I am a newly registered contributor in AS and my portfolio that I want to upload consists mostly of pictures of cars. These are rejected on the grounds of intellectual property. I do not yet have 1000 images that suit me, only then I get the opportunity to upload images in the category "Illustrative editorial content". Is there any way to solve this, please? Thank you for the advice, Jan Kliment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan, To upload 1000 pictures of cars you will need 1000 property releases from the car makers. Some of them may cover more than one car of course.

Mo, no you cannot escape from IP rules by submitting as editorial. You need releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you so much for your answer. I understood somewhere in the rules (probably wrong :)), I first have to upload 1000 images of those that are not editorial (except for cars and commercial brands) and only then I will see the "Illustrative Editorial content" button. I don't have that many pictures. I have enough cars, but I guess it won't work without a document ... Thanks again and an apology for my English. 🙂 JK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that is a logo will make your upload fail. No property release will help here.To be able to upload pictures as illustrative editorial content you need to reach a certain rank in SALES, not uploaded pictures. Choose your pictures carefully and upload only those where you can edit out the logo. But be aware, some design elements make a car recognizable as a car of a certain make. Those will also be refused on the basis of IP.

And btw: we dont see your picture as it has been refused. You need to embedd it or attach it. If you do so, we may find out if there is a work around.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience with me. I get it. I photograph cars to show them and so the brand will often be recognizable. I'm attaching a photo of the interior for example. Steering wheel, dashboard and of course, logo. That is rejected, but I have many of them. The overall exterior is also clearly identifiable ... Ok, I won't do anything about it ... Thank you.DSC_7330 (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrative Editorial is not a “no release needed” magic. Instead it allow you to upload retain kinds of image where the editorial content justifies the IP use.  Also the buyer may only use it for editorial purposes, limiting sales. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, thanks, I'd like to contribute like that, but I probably won't be a "silver" contributor right away. Because mostly I have the cars. In a circle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started