• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selling products with free Adobe Stock pictures?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! 

Am I allowed to sell products (in my case Print On Demand products - such as mugs and t-shrits) that I created with pictures I used from the section "free" in Adobe Stock?

I didn't find anything on the topic "licensing" for free pictures.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Yours,

Klaus

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

It's not free or not free, but it's the licence type that comes with the assets. As free images come with a standard licence, you can't use them for mugs, t-shirts etc. 

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not free or not free, but it's the licence type that comes with the assets. As free images come with a standard licence, you can't use them for mugs, t-shirts etc. 

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! You helped me a lot!!

May I ask a further question?

What about the licensing in this case:

I would like to use those "community 3D-Material assets" for Adobe Illustrator (https://substance3d.adobe.com/community-assets?assetType=substanceMaterial&ca=fabricLeather) and create some 3D -Charakters and sell them on Mugs and Shirts. Am I allowed to do that?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yours,

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The materials here are for Substance. I would doubt that you can use this in Illustrator. However, when you create your own 3d models and apply these materials, I would assume that you are free to use the rendered pictures as you like. I haven't read the licensing terms here, however, and there is no relation with Adobe stock.

This is my layman's approach to the problem. The same disclaimer as above is valid. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your fast reply!!

Then I will search for those licensing terms. Thank you!

With the latest update (or at least since April), it's possible to use those 3D-Effects in Illustrator. 

Yours,

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started