• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source for raw photos?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really more of a suggestion than a question (unless it turns out that what I'm suggesting already exists, although some brief googling says that it doesn't). I would love to have a source where I could buy raw photos and edit them myself. I envision that they would cost much less than photos that had been post-processed, and they would have few restrictions on use, since the ultimate quality of the photo would depend on the buyer's efforts. Adobe Stock would be a natural place to offer something like this, since the infrastructure is already in place! Or does such a thing already exist elsewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Jill,

In regards to the following request, I can raise it as a feature request for Adobe Stock since we do not have such raw image available for Adobe Stock currently.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

You are welcome to edit the non-editorial asset in any way you deem necessary. Note, however, that your modifications must not violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive.

For more information, please refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I can edit Adobe Stock assets. As I stated, I'm suggesting that Adobe make RAW (unedited, un-retouched) photo assets available to people under a different set of terms. I could not find anywhere on Adobe to submit such a suggestion, so I posted it here. If raw photo assets are already available somewhere, please let me know where. If there is some way to submit a suggestion like this to Adobe, please let me know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill,

In regards to the following request, I can raise it as a feature request for Adobe Stock since we do not have such raw image available for Adobe Stock currently.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give my 5 cents: I would not like to post my raw files to a stock service, as I always do some editing to the file.

Editing done is:

• editing out logos.
  • correcting dust and other flaws in the file.
  • cropping.
  • combining 2 or more images into one.
  • changing the exposure/shadows/highlights/contrast/...

And finally I love to keep control on my raw files.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, certainly no one would force you to sell your raw images if you don't want to, so you would not have to take part    Nevertheless, I’m a consumer who is interested in being able to buy raw images because there are innumerable places that I’ll never be able to go to take the pictures myself. And when it comes to using pictures for artwork, I don’t want something that’s already been edited to someone else’s vision.

{Moderator deleted repeated text}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG_ABB  wrote

And when it comes to using pictures for artwork, I don’t want something that’s already been edited to someone else’s vision.

When I take a picture it’s my vision... 🙂

And specifically all stock providers ask the contributor to conform to certain things: no logos, straight horizons, perfect sharpness, perfect framing, ...

I would certainly deliver more than a JPEG file, but no raw file. When you pay me for a custom shoot, you will also get the raw files if you ask for. Most customers are more than happy with high quality jpeg files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a suggestion based on what I'm looking for as a consumer. There is a potential market for people to sell unedited photos, just like other art supplies -- after all, I buy paint, not paintings. If you don't want to sell unedited photos, you would not have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if you do pay enough, I would sell raw files. It’s a matter of return. I would not sell them for the return you get from stock. And as I said: some edits are simply necessary as of the stock requirements which makes it simply very difficult to submit raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started