Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard Licence Or Enhanced Licence For e-Books, Books, And Websites

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I hope someone from Adobe is able to clear this issue up for me.

I'm a writer and want to use Adobe Stock Images for my e-book, print-on-demand book, and website for my books. I can see that the Standard Licence allows for up to 500,000 copies to be produced and after that, the Enhanced Licence is required to go over the 500,000 limit.

It would be great to get over 500,000 sales for one of my books! But being a realist, I know that my sales will be way under 500,000 copies. So, what I can't find a clear answer to in the Adobe Stock T&Cs, is will the Standard Licence cover an image up to 500,000 copies that I can use on the cover of an e-book, print-on-demand paperback book, and my website, or will I need the Enhanced Licence, as from what I've read in the T&Cs, the Enhanced Licence is required from print-on-demand paperback books?

Thanks in advance for your help with my query.

Best wishes,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi David,

If you require print-on demand paper back books, I would suggest you to go with the Enhanced license. Also, it will additionally allow any work to be reproduced more than 500,000 times in total.

For more details, you may also refer to links below:

Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US-20170630_2200.pdf

Let me know if this answers your query.

Feel free to update this thre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

If you require print-on demand paper back books, I would suggest you to go with the Enhanced license. Also, it will additionally allow any work to be reproduced more than 500,000 times in total.

For more details, you may also refer to links below:

Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US-20170630_2200.pdf

Let me know if this answers your query.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional query.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I add to this question? What if I publish a book which I definitely know will hardly be sold 10.000 times and want to use some stock fotos in there as a non-central element (e.g. not the cover or full pages) do I really need the enhanced license?

Thank you very much, best regards and a merry Christmas to all of you!

Stephan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same question. In their lifetime not one of our books has ever approached anywhere near 100,000 copies let alone 500,000. Knowing this to be the case, is it ok to purchase the standard license for images within a printed, epub or print on demand book, so long as they are never reproduced more than 500,000 times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started